Адміністративний(-а) асистент(-ка) в НДІ
Department: Operations and Compliance
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Director for Finance and Administration
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Application Deadline: January 28, 2022
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), UK, Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and other donors. NDI and its partners have been working in Ukraine since 1992.
Position Summary: NDI seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant (AA) to support effective and efficient operations in the Ukraine office. Specifically, the AA will support administrative functions under the direct supervision of the Director for Finance and Administration, and ultimately the Resident Director for Operations and Compliance and the Resident Country Director. This position requires discretion, sound judgement, a positive demeanor, and willingness to work in the support of others within the organization. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Coordinate day-to-day functions of office management, such as greeting visitors, monitoring correspondence to NDI’s accounts, answering telephone inquiries, coordinating driver’s schedule, ensuring supply levels are maintained, liaising with general services vendors, among other tasks;
- Provide administrative support to the office by receiving, logging, scanning and filing contracts and financial documents in accordance with established procedures;
- Maintain accurate inventory records for fixed assets through regular checks, and monitor usage/purchase of disposable goods (office supplies, cleaning products, etc.);
- Support human resource functions by corresponding with applicants throughout the hiring process, reviewing timesheets for accuracy and tracking leave balances;
- Support temporary residency and visa applications for international staff and consultants with Ukrainian government institutions;
- Set-up in-person and virtual meetings for the office;
- Arrange logistics for visiting consultants and staff;
- Support NDI activities by booking hotel rooms, arranging transportation, calculating and disbursing participant reimbursements, among other responsibilities when necessary;
- Provide written translations for Ukrainian-English and English-Ukrainian as necessary for the preparation of correspondence, documents and reports;
- Provide clerical support and calendar maintenance to senior leadership; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor(s), even outside traditional working hours.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required, preferably in the public/business administration, legal studies, human resource management, communications, or other related fields;
- Knowledge about maintaining systems and processes preferred, and work experience or an internship in an administrative position is a plus;
- Fluency in Ukrainian is required; Strong written and oral communication skills in English are required;
- Possess the interpersonal skills necessary to build relationships with all levels of staff, program partners, international personnel and consultants;
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team;
- Working knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, and G+), and PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications; Experience with NetSuite highly desired; and
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and travel domestically, when necessary.
Submission Guidelines: Suitable and qualified candidates are requested to send a CV and motivation letter in English to the following email address: [email protected], with the subject line (Ref: Administrative Assistant). Your CV and motivation letter should demonstrate your interest and qualifications for this position, and be submitted as a single PDF file.
Deadline: The deadline for submitting applications is January 28, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written assessment, and finalists only will be invited for an interview.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to any grounds such as age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, etc.