Юрист в Проектний офіс секторальної децентралізації
Decentralization is the priority in the large-scale reforms program having been implemented by the Government of Ukraine since 2014. The Ministry of Regional Development, Construction and Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine (Minregion) is the central body of the executive power to reform local governance and territorial organization of power.
Minregion has initiated implementation of the Project Office for Sectoral Decentralization (POSD) – independent non-governmental structure financed by the donors and authorised by the Minregion to coordinate implementation of sectoral policy on decentralization in the relevant ministries and authorities. Considering the scope of the reform, POSD covers the following sectors: education, healthcare, finance, roads infrastructure.
Legal Expert will support POSD in actualizing the sectoral reforms plans in the sectors “education”, “road infrastructure”, “healthcare”, provide written proposals regarding possible solutions on solving urgent issues that arise during implementation of the decentralization reform in these sectors, monitor the draft legal acts and provide analytical conclusions and proposals on the influence of these legislative initiatives on the implementation of the reform of local governance and decentralization reform in the aforementioned sectors.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
• Master’s degree in Public Administration or Law (preferably);
• Strong project management and analytical skills;
• At least 5 years of experience in legal, regulatory and related areas;
• Knowledge of regulations (legal, sublegal) in decentralization and local self-governance is a plus;
• Familiarity with the decentralization reform agenda is an advantage;
• Fluent in Ukrainian and English.
Indicative duties and responsibilities:
• Provide POSD with legal support in actualizing the sectoral reforms plans and KPIs for reforms in the sectors “education”, “road infrastructure”, “healthcare”;
• Monitor the draft legal acts to timely inform the POSD and provide analytical conclusions and proposals on the influence of these legislative initiatives on the implementation of the reform of local governance and decentralization reform in the sectors “education”, “road infrastructure”, “healthcare”;
• Participate in the working group on decentralization reform implementation in the sectors “education”, “road infrastructure”, “healthcare”, with involvement of representatives of the central executive bodies, all-Ukrainian association of the local governance bodies, as well as experts of this section of the sectoral decentralization, international projects;
• Contribute to updating the plan for adoption of the legal acts to implement reform in the sectors “education”, “road infrastructure”, “healthcare” till 2020;
• Support POSD team to achieve reform goals.
Contract Duration and Timing
The total duration of the consultancy is expected to be 2 months with possible extension. Full-time position based in Kyiv. For contracting, a candidate should be able to register Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on May 10, 2019 to the following address: [email protected]. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV with three names of referees;
2) Applicant’s brief letter of interest indicated related experience and achievements.