Lawyer. Stationed in Kharkiv, Ukraine
The project (Legal Aid and Advocacy, Statelessness) will be implemented by the Right to Protection (R2P), the charitable fund, assists refugees, asylum seekers, stateless, internally displaced persons and conflict affected population in Ukraine.
The project’s major objective is to ensure that stateless population in Ukraine exercise their human rights through providing legal aid and counseling in the Kharkiv City and the Kharkiv Region, developing of a comprehensive analysis of the legal framework regarding stateless in Ukraine and advocating for the improvement of government policy and legislation, and its implementation in response to the problems identified during the monitoring through a telephone hot-line and provision of legal aid to beneficiaries.
Position’s Overall Objective
The Lawyer will provide primary and secondary legal aid to stateless to ensure that their rights are observed.
The Lawyer will report to the Project Manager, and is expected to spend approximately 60% of his/her time in Kharkiv and the remaining travelling in the Kharkiv Region.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct legal consulting to the beneficiaries in the project office and in outreach mode;
- Prepare necessary legal documents to be lodged with the state authorities and embassies;
- Prepare document for courts of various instances;
- Maintaining paper and computer files for cases counseled;
- Preparation of reports, including statistical information;
- Participation in meetings and conferences on behalf of R2P.
- Higher education in law;
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in legal practice;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, Ukrainian and Russian, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently and in team and to meet deadlines;
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
R2P will offer the successful applicant a 1-year contract starting from January 2019, renewable dependent on funding and performance.
Proposed net salary – 18800 UAH.
Send cover letter and résumé to [email protected]. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for interview. No phone calls, please.
Applications close date
16 December 2018. If an appropriate candidate is identified, R2P reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.