Various Gas Market Positions/ Спеціалісти з газового ринку
Various Gas Market Positions
USAID Energy Security Project
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), “an independent agency of the United States federal government” and “the world’s premier international development agency and a catalytic actor driving development results”, and implemented by Tetra Tech, a California-based “leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development”.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP will work closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. (Tetra Tech) is looking to fill several positions on the Gas Team, at the grades of Senior Expert, Expert, and Specialist to play a role in implementing Ukraine’s new gas market including the harmonization of gas market rules of Ukraine with the EU internal market. Members of the Gas Team will report to the Energy Market and Institutional/Regulatory Advisor. All positions are based in Kyiv, with occasional travel to other cities in Ukraine.
- Coordinate cooperation with the Regulator in relation to gas market reform implementation.
- Provide advice and guidance on gas market design and policy implementation.
- Support the development and implementation of gas market trading rules.
- Manage project activities towards development of competitive gas market mechanisms.
- Support the development of an effective gas market monitoring mechanism.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships and effective coordination among relevant stakeholders (for example, USAID and other international donors, government bodies, non-governmental organizations or other relevant partners).
- Provide technical assistance to organization of conferences and workshops targeting gas sector.
- Facilitate and report on meetings. Gather and distribute information on Ukrainian gas market reform to stakeholders in EU and USA.
- Provide technical assistance to strategic planning and capacity development components of the project implementation.
- University degree in engineering, economics, business or related field acceptable to Tetra Tech.
- Experience with gas sector regulation, preferably in implementation of gas market reform.
- Experience working with high level stakeholders including senior government counterparts.
- Experience in gas market activities, gas market monitoring, market based trade, gas market operations.
- Staff and project management skills, including ability to develop and manage relationships with a diverse set of officials and stakeholders.
- Experience in similar USAID projects on energy market development and international/regional regulatory cooperation on development of competitive energy markets.
- Fluent in English (written, read, spoken, and heard), with proven expertise in gas industry terminology.
- Proficient in office computer applications (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.).
To apply: Please submit a CV in English and a cover letter to [email protected]
Candidates may specify a desired grade in their application. Tetra Tech will consider candidates for all grades based on their experience and qualifications.
There is no deadline associated with this position, Tetra Tech may fill the position when a qualified person is found.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/.