Вакансія: USAID looks for Quality Assurance Expert
Since 2018, USAID Economic Resilience Activity (ERA) has focused its activities on eastern Ukraine. In 2022, it expanded its geography of cooperation to other regions due to Russia’s full-scale invasion and occupation of part of Ukraine. In 2023, given the military and political circumstances and challenges, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) changed ERA’s priorities.
ERA is one of the implementers of the U.S. Government’s Interagency Agriculture Resilience Initiative – Ukraine (AGRI – Ukraine), which aims to support Ukrainian agricultural production and exports and help address the global food crisis exacerbated by Russia’s brutal war against Ukraine. USAID supports the Government of Ukraine, including working with the State Agency for Restoration and Development of Infrastructure of Ukraine (SARDI) and the State Customs Service, through ERA, to modernize border crossing points to improve grain trade and exports, passenger traffic, and perceptions of Ukraine. ERA is also implementing the Economic Stability and Recovery Initiative (ESRI), which focuses on job retention and creation and assists small and medium-sized enterprises.
USAID ERA prioritizes work on AGRI and rehabilitating EU-facing border crossing points (BCPs). The AGRI component is extending its technical assistance to Ukrainian Agri-traders and logistics companies supporting them in increasing capacity and potential of grain export logistics. The BCP component includes complex construction management and procurement of equipment and service for BCPs to become more efficient in processing big cargos of grain and other commodities through the border.
About the job
The Quality Assurance Expert supports field examinations of construction sites, ensures compliance with Ukrainian construction Codes standards and USAID/US governmental requirements for infrastructure; and prepares documentation related to infrastructure projects for the BCP Team. The Quality Assurance Expert is based in Lviv and reports to the Senior Manager for BCP Infrastructure.
Construction Quality Assurance:
- Expert-level review and comment for compliance with Ukrainian codes and standards and USAID/US Government requirements as related to the ERA BCP Infrastructure program for:
- in-progress design data,
- design narratives,
- test results,
- quality reports,
- materials submittals, and
- other construction project technical data.
- Periodic site visits to verify quality control processes and results at construction sites in Western Ukraine (approximate travel workload is 40%);
- Review of completed multidisciplinary designs for constructability, value engineering, and compliance with Ukrainian/USG requirements;
- As required, coordinate and direct the activities of 3rd party testing agencies;
- Provide quality oversight and monitoring for design subcontractors;
- Upload infrastructure documents to TAMIS, and reflect all infrastructure activities in TAMIS.
Monitoring & Evaluation: in coordination with the M&E team,
- Manage activities to implement workplan at improving ERA’s indicator for the BCP Infrastructure development;
- Coordinate efforts with the M&E Director on overseeing deliverables for reporting, including establishing reporting schedules and developing reporting templates;
- Manage data collection in order to report against Activity performance indicators;
- Coordinate with M&E team regular data collection, its progress, relying on innovative data gathering methods when appropriate;
- Use effective mechanisms to support M&E team in monitoring, evaluation, and reporting on the ERA implementation;
- Capture the output and outcome level data, document and report the results in a timely manner.
- Contribute to compiling the reports on Construction Quality Assurance for the ERA’s BCP management on a regular basis;
- Process the documentation and maintain control of the construction records in TAMIS;
- Prepare accurate and timely progress reports on a quarterly basis and contribute to the preparation of annual reports;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and hold a category CC1 to CC3 certification as “architect/engineer” and/or “expert”.
- Technadzor certification is also acceptable if supported by professional experience consistent with design review, construction supervision, and compliance verification experience.
- A minimum of ten years of general professional experience is required, with five years of specific experience in working with expert organizations to attain positive conclusions and building permits.
- Experience with international donor-funded projects is preferred.
- Fluent English is required.
Contract length: 12-month employment agreement with a possibility of extension.
Benefits: all benefits envisaged by the Labor Code of Ukraine, corporate medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
Start date: October 2023
All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to [email protected].
Closing date for applications: October 2, 2023.
For further information about DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website era-ukraine.org.ua.