Вакансія: Strategic Planning and Budgeting Expert
Alinea International is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About Alinea International:
Alinea International is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Alinea International has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea International presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
SURGe provides technical assistance to selected Ministries to increase their capacity in policy development, strategic planning and monitoring using the Results-Based Management (RBM) methodology, which is already embedded into Ukraine’s legislation (see the President`s Decree on the Annual National Program under the auspices of the NATO-Ukraine Commission, an interagency strategic document covering 100 reforms ), with consideration of citizen impact.
For this reform initiative, SURGe Project is looking for а Strategic Planning and Budgeting Expert who will be responsible for design and implementation of policy development, strategic planning and reform costing/budgeting processes in Ministries.
The expert will be based in Kyiv.
Level of effort: Full time, Monday-Friday.
The duration of the contract is 6 months with a possibility of extensions (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
1. Together with the Ministry and SURGe, design and support implementation of improved processes of policy development, strategic planning and reform costing/budgeting processes in selected Ministries.
2. Deliver capacity building for Ministries on results-based planning, reform monitoring and evaluation, and alignment of planning and budgeting.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
1. Minimum 5 years of advisory/project management experience at managerial positions in governance, with strong experience in strategic planning and budgeting.
2. Proven experience in designing new processes, development of new systems.
3. Knowledge of governmental strategic planning and budgeting processes and legislation.
4. Understanding of Results-Based Management (RBM), the government policy making cycle and the overall reform agenda in Ukraine.
5. Experience in delivery of trainings, excellent communication skills.
6. Strong ethics, well-balanced and mature personality, positive attitude to the job.
7. Strong organizational skills, ability to work under tight deadlines.
8. Excellent knowledge of Ukrainian, ability to speak and write clearly and correctly.
9. Fluent English, strong writing skills.
10. Citizen of Ukraine.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on February 05, 2021 to the following address: [email protected].
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV in English (max. 2 pages).
2) Applicant’s letter of interest in English (max. 500 words).
Please, ensure to state the Strategic Planning and Budgeting Expert in the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered. Please, note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.