Вакансія: Social Media & Visibility Advisor / Content Lead
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in Ukraine is seeking a qualified professional for the project Special Assistance Program in Ukraine / EU4ResilientRegions to fill the position of a
Social Media & Visibility Advisor / Content Lead (full-time, Kyiv)
(internal SAP code: Communication Advisor)
The aim of the project Special Assistance Program in Ukraine / EU4ResilientRegions is that mandated governmental and non-governmental institutions in selected oblasts of Ukraine provide needs-based services for basic care and protection of the population. The project is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), co-funded by the European Union and implemented by GIZ. It supports communities particularly in the Regions Kharkiv, Chernihiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Kherson, Mykolaiv, Odesa, Lviv, Zaporizhzhia, Sumy, Donetsk and Luhansk (GCA) in improving the quality and the access to social, medical and administrative services on a local level, in particular with respect to vulnerable population groups. For that purpose, the project coordinates and cooperates with a broad range of local/national and international partners and stakeholders.
The Social Media & Visibility Advisor Planning, Monitoring and Communications Unit (PMC Unit) and Special Assistance Program in Ukraine / EU4ResilientRegions within Resilient Society Cluster. This unit steers and advises on monitoring and reporting the Programme’s activities and results, manages the results-oriented monitoring database, promotes Resilient Society Cluster visibility in all media sources, internal and external, and coordinates the activity planning processes of the Programme. The team works with all Resilient Society cluster projects and teams, namely 7 projects. It further supports the coordination of the Programme’s work with national ministries, media representatives, EU Delegation to Ukraine, Embassies, amongst others. The Communications team is responsible for promoting the visibility of the activities and impacts of SAP Program in Ukraine and the Resilient Society Cluster work in general. It engages in various areas of strategic communication, media cooperation at the national and local level as well as internal communication. The Team maintains various social media channels, a complex network of project advisors and coordinators, as well as various other internal and external newsletters and materials. The team consists of three communication specialists so far.
Areas of responsibility:
- Making the projects and cluster work visible in the area of strengthening local self-government to its target audiences (German ministries, EU bodies and donors, Ukrainian municipalities, Ukrainian government);
- Editorial planning and content management for Special Assistance Program in Ukraine / EU4ResilientRegions within Resilient Society Cluster social media channels, especially Facebook, Twitter (X) and potentially YouTube based on communicating measures, facts & figures, success stories and content marketing of key messaging;
- Maintenance and further development of the Special Assistance Program in Ukraine / EU4ResilientRegions within Resilient Society Cluster Facebook page and Twitter (X) account as well as other social media channels;
- Preparation of texts and visual content for print and online products, including announcements, news reports, newsletters, articles, presentations, infographics, fact sheets etc.;
- Maintenance and further development of the Special Assistance Program in Ukraine / EU4ResilientRegions within Resilient Society Cluster photo archive;
- Coordination of the maintenance and further development of a content database and photo pool for Resilient Society Cluster success stories;
- Organisation of measures and events on the projects’ communication and mainstreaming communication in Special Assistance Program in Ukraine / EU4ResilientRegions within Resilient Society Cluster online and social media channels as well as in printed products;
- Support in further development and execution of the Special Assistance Program in Ukraine / EU4ResilientRegions within Resilient Society Cluster communication strategy;
- Ensuring compliance with visibility guidelines of Special Assistance Program in Ukraine / EU4ResilientRegions within Resilient Society Cluster donors and coordinate closely with relevant projects in Resilient Society Cluster to ensure a consistent programme communication.
- MA or post-graduate degree in journalism, PR and communications or in a related field;
- Native written and spoken Ukrainian; excellent command of written and spoken English;
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in a comparable position or in a PR/ communications agency working with the public sector;
- Broad experience with maintaining and developing social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter (X);
- Proven skills in online content management, marketing and campaigns;
- Proven skills in photography (including post production) and video journalism, with experience of photo and video editing;
- Solid skills in writing and editing English and Ukrainian content for various types of channels;
- Basic knowledge of crisis communications and contingencies for politically sensitive communications and issues;
- Basic knowledge of the Ukrainian government’s reform agenda in the field of decentralisation;
- Experience with donor-funded international development projects and programmes is an asset
- Experience with website design is an asset.
- Strong interest in learning about Special Assistance Program in Ukraine / EU4ResilientRegions within Resilient Society Cluster work towards stronger communities;
- Team player with excellent intercultural competences;
- Strong organisational, planning and managerial competences;
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation and organisational skills;
- Ability to work flexibly and independently, often under tight deadlines;
- High level of discretion, integrity and sense of tone;
- Aptitude for assessing material and content of politically sensitive nature.
- Official employment;
- Salary fixed in EUR, performance-related bonuses and 13th salary;
- Medical insurance, 29 vacation days annually;
- Language classes, hard and soft skills trainings;
- Individual and group psychological support;
- Possible remote and flexible work;
- Meaningful and valuable work, international environment.
The assignment starts as soon as possible. Full-time position with 40-hours working week. For now, the contract duration is till the end of December 2024 with a possibility of prolongation.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Application comprising of the candidate’s CV (including examples of work) and a cover letter in the English language explaining the motivation to apply for the job is to be sent to [email protected] until COB 13.12.2023, Wednesday.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.