Вакансія: Short-Term Communications Expert – Ministry of Culture and Information Policy
Chemonics International Inc.
USAID Transformation Communications Activity
Job Title: Short-Term Communications Expert – Ministry of Culture and Information Policy
Estimated Period of Performance/Level of Effort: 1 year
Chemonics seeks a short-term communications expert to provide support to the Ministry of Culture and Information Policy (MCIP) of Ukraine. The expert will be directly engaged by the ongoing USAID Transformation Communications Activity in Ukraine. The project aims to partner with the Government of Ukraine (GOU), private sector, and civil society to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s democracy through innovative communications initiatives that engage Ukrainians in a conversation about the country’s democratic transformation and European integration. The objectives of the Activity are to equip USAID and its partners to conduct data-driven communications; increase the quality and quantity of strategic communications on reform dividends; and broaden the use of social impact content by Ukraine’s civic leaders and creative sector. The communications expert will provide consulting support to MCIP’s Directorate of Information Policy and Information Security on the development and implementation of government communications. The expert will directly engage with the Directorate of Information Policy and Information Security to enhance communications campaigns related to government reforms, COVID-19, Euro-Atlantic integration of Ukraine, and disinformation. This position will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Consulting on the development and implementation of the government communications by the Directorate of Information Policy and Information Security of MCIP
- Support the Directorate of Information Policy and Information Security of MCIP in conducting informational and communication campaigns for the purpose of informing the population about the reforms carried out by the government and other state bodies.
- Advise to the Directorate of Information Policy and Information Security on exercising of informational and communication campaigns related to COVID-19
- Establish effective cooperation between the Directorate on Information Policy and Information Security and communication units of other state institutions for cross-sectoral government communication
- Support Directorate of Information Policy and Information Security in ensuring the implementation of measures to inform the public on European and Euro-Atlantic integration of Ukraine;
- Support the Directorate in communications about counteracting disinformation and work of the Center of Strategic Communications
- Provide recommendations for establishing and maintaining relations with communication departments of oblast government administrations for government communications in the regions
- Support the Directorate in implementation of the Communication Concept in the field of gender equality.
- Support USAID TCA in communication with MCIP and joint project implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Recommendations on the implementation of government communications are provided
- Needs assessment of the Directorate on Information Policy and Information Security for achieving objectives on government communications is performed.
- MCIP analysis of stakeholders in terms of cross sectoral communications conducted and presented, key stakeholders defined to support MCIP’s activities in public and government cros-sectoral strategic communications
- Effective cooperation established between the Directorate on Information Policy and Information Security and the structural divisions of the Oblast State Administrations
- Recommendations provided on effective communication about counteracting disinformation and work of the Center of Strategic Communications
- Established communication ties between the Directorate on Information Policy and Information Security of MCIP and the Cabinet of Ministers and all Ministries (20)
- Established communication ties between the Directorate on Information Policy and Information Security of MCIP, Oblast State Administrations (24) to exchange messages, information for effective state communications
- Effective implementation of the action plan of the communication stategy on European and Euro-Atlantic integration of Ukraine;
- Effective implementation of the action plan and communication campaigns related to COVID-19
- USAID TCA has fruitful partnership with MCIP, has up-to-date and accurate information related to ministry’s communication efforts.
- USAID TCA receives monthly reports on experts contribution to MCIP’s operations.
- Relevant experience at the national or international level in the media sphere, public relations, communications or advocacy;
- At least 2 years of experience in national communication projects may be an asset;
- Proven track record of communication projects
Skills and qualifications
- Creative and critical thinking
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally, ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Ability to work both in a team and autonomously with minimum supervision but within the respect of given constraints and guidelines.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to visualize complex data;
- Outstanding ability to prioritize, coordinate and communicate at all levels with the different types of stakeholders;
- Outstanding time management;
- Understanding of mechanism of cooperation and interaction of state institutions
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism, linguistics, management or other related areas.
- Fluency in oral and written Ukrainian
- Strong professional working level of English.
To apply, please submit your application via the following link no later than June 16, 2021. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/6116f86e2e7d442f96cc45447742b1d6. Please complete the required information and upload your cover letter and CV for consideration. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.