Вакансія при Мінрегіоні: Regional Investments Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser
Alinea International is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About Alinea International:
Alinea International is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Alinea International has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea International presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
SURGe provides technical assistance to MinRegion to:
(i) to establish the national, regional and local framework for efficient management of public investments that would bring benefits to different citizen groups;
(ii) to design additional developmental instruments to address specific needs and promote the unique potential of selected 4 types of territories.
To achieve these objectives, SURGe Project is looking for а Regional Investments Monitoring and Evaluation Expert who will be working with the team to help design monitoring and evaluation system and framework at the national and regional level.
Level of effort: Full time, Monday-Friday. The expert will be based in Kyiv.
The duration of the contract is 6 months with a possibility of extensions (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
• Design the monitoring and evaluation framework of public investments in Ukraine: analyse existing practices, study international examples, develop concept and agree with stakeholders;
• Develop proposals for the overall legislative and institutional framework for monitoring and evaluation of public investments in Ukraine;
• Support MinRegion in implementing of monitoring and evaluation framework of public investments in Ukraine;
• Develop methodologies for and support MinRegion in designing and implementing of performance monitoring system for public investment projects;
• Develop methodologies for ex ante and ex post evaluation of public investments;
• Develop vision for potential IT solutions: consult with stakeholders to define needs, analyse existing tools (if available), develop a vision;
• Train MinRegion and other relevant stakeholders (including in the pilot regions) to analyze and use data obtained from the monitoring and evaluation in the policy/planning/development processes;
• Support scaling up and institutionalization of developed materials, methodologies.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
Minimum 4 years of advisory/expert experience at relevant positions related to monitoring and evaluation (hereinafter M&E) processes in governance, including experience in designing and implementing M&E systems;
• Understanding of Results-Based Management (RBM), the government policy making cycle and the overall reform agenda in Ukraine;
• Proven experience in designing new processes, development of new systems, processes and legislation;
• Experience in development of indicators (KPIs) and design the concepts for IT tool solutions on M&E;
• Preferred: experience in designing surveys and other data collection instruments;
Other experience and skills:
• Strong ethics, well-balanced and mature personality, positive attitude to the job;
• Strong organizational skills, ability to work under tight deadlines;
• Excellent knowledge of Ukrainian, ability to speak and write clearly and correctly;
• Fluent English, strong writing skills.
• Citizen of Ukraine.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on June 25, 2021 to the following address: [email protected].
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV in English (max. 2 pages).
2) Applicant’s letter of interest (max. 500 words).
Please ensure to state Regional Investments Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser in the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.