Вакансія: Program Manager
Title: Program Manager
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Division: Communities & Governance
Reports To: Project Director
Date Updated: January 20, 2021
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX Ukraine office is seeking qualified Program Manager for the Veteran Reintegration project. Veteran Reintegration is a two-part program that fills critical gaps in data and information on veterans and incorporates this data into tailored activities to improve the quality of and access to veteran services and promote veteran integration into the workforce. Program Manager will work under the supervision of the Project Director and be responsible for day-to-day delivery of assigned tasks and components within the project in accordance with the approved workplan. He/she will work closely with partners and sub-grantees, attend and monitor training activities in the regions, and hire consultants and subcontractors as needed. Program Manager will be responsible for providing oversight on implementation of activities by program grantees and subcontractors as well as for procurement of services in accordance with IREX policies. The position is based in Kyiv with extensive travel to target regions within Ukraine. This position is contingent upon funding.
General Duties & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Project Director by providing technical and administrative leadership for assigned components within the project to ensure that objectives and targets are achieved;
- Oversee, monitor and administer day-to-day implementation and management of the program activities, particularly in the area of mental health;
- Ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting of program activities implemented by program grantees;
- Supply technical assistance in areas of mental health support;
- Interact regularly with civil society and media groups, opinion leaders, government officials, members of the international community and other program stakeholders;
- Develop and maintain effective collaborations with program partners;
- Track and analyze work-plan activity progress toward project objectives and/or track and analyze project indicator data;
- Maintain effective relations and coordination between sub-grantees in regions;
- Responsible for drafting programmatic reports, success stories as well as preparing draft documents and instructions related to program activities;
- Support IREX’s work and coordination developing an E-registry for the Ministry of Veteran Affairs;
- Represent IREX and support its organizational development;
- Other duties as requires and assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in international development, public administration, management, political science, communications and/or another relevant field is preferred;
- At least five years of experience of work in NGO sector and in similar projects;
- Demonstrated success in maintaining excellent collaborations with partner organizations, and ability to establish productive relationships with government officials, opinion leaders and media at national and local levels;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate dialogue and work constructively with a diverse range of actors and to accommodate divergent interests and agendas in a multi-cultural environment, including helping vulnerable populations;
- Proven leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of similar programs;
- Excellent communications skills, including ability to make public presentations and/or lead trainings;
- Experience in community engagement, organizing public events and implementing information campaigns;
- Experience in drafting request for proposals, and grants management and oversight;
- Familiarity with veterans issues in Ukraine as well as general political, economic, social, and conflict issues in Ukraine;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Strong command of spoken/written English and fluency in Ukrainian and Russian;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects in accordance with stated deadlines;
- Able to work independently and as a team member with the ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and be flexible;
- Ability to travel;
- Incumbent must have a Ukrainian citizenship or demonstrate proof of valid Ukrainian work permit. Qualified applicants with veteran status are encouraged to apply.
Please send your cover letter and resume as an attachment in an email with “Project Manager Veteran Reintegration” in the subject line to [email protected]. Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
Application Deadline: February 10, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.