Вакансія: Program Assistant
Title: Program Assistant
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Division: Communities & Governance, Veteran Reintegration Program
Reports To: Program Manager
Deadline: September 23, 2021. However, IREX encourages candidates to apply early and will review the applications on a rolling basis.
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering youth; cultivating leaders; strengthening institutions; and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 worldwide
Program Assistant will work under the supervision of the Program Manager and will support day-to-day activities of IREX’s Veteran Reintegration Program. The position is based in Kyiv with some travel to target regions within the country in line with the COVID-19 restrictions.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help in organization of program meetings and events (trainings, workshops, working group meetings, conferences, etc.);
- Assist in communication between project partners, experts, trainers as needed;
- Communicate with suppliers and other subcontractors;
- Contribute to drafting program-related documents, reports and success stories;
- Provide logistics/arrangements support for staff and program participants;
- Provide support to monitoring and evaluation activities, data collection, and reporting as needed;
- Support with management program documents, financial forms and payments;
- Coordinate maintenance of the program social media account as needed;
- Help with translation of program documents and interpret the meetings as required;
- Translate program-related documents (English, Russian, and Ukrainian) when needed;
- Attend and report on program events and meetings;
- Assist program staff as needed and provide general support to staff including photocopying, filing and note-taking;
- Help arrange meetings for senior management as needed and requested;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- English and Ukrainian language fluency, written and spoken;
- University degree – minimum bachelor level;
- Strong command of spoken/written English, Ukrainian and Russian
- Minimum of one years of experience in the similar field;
- Experience in NGO sector and projects;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks in accordance with stated deadlines;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications;
- Knowledge of Web 2.0 tools is a plus;
- Experience in the programs funded by the US Government and/or other donor governments will be an asset;
- Ability to travel (when such travel is resumed).
Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to high number of applications, IREX will only contact shortlisted candidates.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.