Вакансія: Office Assistant (Warsaw, Poland)
About Alinea International:
Alinea International is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Alinea International has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea International presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
At Alinea International we value equity, diversity and inclusivity in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
Alinea is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. Due to the nature of our work, all candidates will be subject to due diligence checks and extensive background checks where appropriate.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Given the current security situation in Ukraine, Alinea International Ltd. opens SURGe Project’s office in Warsaw, Poland.
We are looking for a competent Office Assistant to help with the organization and running of the daily administrative operations of the office. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
Employment Type: full-time, Monday-Friday.
Position type: administrative staff.
Location: SURGe Office, Warsaw, Poland.
Reports to: SURGe Project Director and to the SURGe Project Deputy Director.
Remuneration: fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
• Organize and maintain office common areas and optimize office procedures.
• Performing general office clerk duties and errands.
• Schedule and plan meetings and appointments.
• Maintaining supply inventory.
• Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues.
• Maintain trusting relationships with suppliers, customers and colleagues.
• Managing filing system.
• Perform receptionist duties when needed.
• Greeting clients and visitors as needed.
• Organizing travel by booking accommodation and reservation needs as required.
• Coordinating events as necessary.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
• Completed secondary education, supplemented by formal training in secretarial/office work, accountancy, languages or computer training.
• 2+ years of clerical/secretarial/administrative experience preferably in an international set up.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office.
Other experience and skills:
● Team player with good interpersonal skills.
● Strong organizational, problem solving, planning and time management skills.
● Ability to multi-task and work under the tight deadlines and limited supervision.
● Excellent knowledge of English, Polish native, knowledge of Ukrainian language will be considered as an advantage.
1. Cover letter is mandatory to be considered. Cover letters should detail how you fit the opportunity, your daily fee and current availability.
2. Alinea International accepts electronic submissions only. Send your cover letter and CV to [email protected] till indicated deadline for applications.
3. Please, include following in the email subject line: Office Assistant (Warsaw, Poland): your last name, your first name].
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.