- ISSUED BY: OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine
- VACANCY NUMBER: VNUKRN00536
- VACANCY TYPE: Local Contracted
- GRADE: NP1
- NUMBER OF POSTS: 1
- DUTY STATION: Kyiv
- DATE OF ISSUE: 8 January 2019
- DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 29 January 2019 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Вакансія: National Project Officer (Small Arms and Light Weapons Control)
This post is financed from the Extra Budgetary Project “Enhancing State Border Guard Service of Ukraine capabilities in combating illicit trafficking of weapons, ammunition and explosives on and across the state border of Ukraine”. The post duration is until August 2021 with the six months’ probation period.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The incumbent works under the immediate supervision of the OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine for all administrative matters, and under the Technical/Project management supervision of the Secretariat’s Conflict Prevention Centre / Forum for Security Co-operation support section‘s Project Officer. The National Project Officer will supervise two assistants and coordinate closely with the Senior Procurement Assistant who will support procurement within the project.
The incumbent should perform the following tasks:
Manage projects through all steps of the project cycle, in accordance with OSCE performance-based programming and budgeting and project management standards.
The cycle consists of
1. Identification of projects
2. Development, including preparing project proposals and budgets
3. Implementation, including monitoring
4. Evaluation (which then informs future project identification)
Supervise and directly conduct activities
• Assist in selection and oversight of consultants, implementing partners and vendors
• Directly manage activities, which can include working groups, seminars, trainings, study tours, publications and others
Establish and maintain good relations with partners
• As coordination is essential to the effectiveness of the PCU, the Project Officer shall ensure coordination of planning and conduct of projects with key partners inside and outside the OSCE
• The Project Officer is also expected to assist with fundraising
Other duties as assigned
- University degree in law, political science, public policy/administration, or social sciences
- Minimum of two years professional experience
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of relationship building and fostering coordination among stakeholders
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications
- Holding a valid driving license
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is EUR 1,691. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is open for residents of Ukraine only. Please use the online application system provided at www.osce.org/employment; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRN00536. The deadline for application is 29 January 2019. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.