Вакансія: Monitoring and Evaluation Associate, NPSA-6, DS Kyiv/ Lviv/ Uzhhorod/ Odesa/ Poltava/ Dnipro, (National position)
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) works in about 170 countries and territories, helping to eradicate poverty, reduce inequalities and exclusion, and build resilience so that countries can sustain progress. As the United Nations’ development agency, UNDP plays a critical role in helping countries achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
In Ukraine, UNDP operates in five programmatic areas of support: government capacities for crisis response and management; sustaining provision of public services; emergency works facilitating return and reconstruction; incomes, livelihoods and the private sector response; and civil society and maintenance of the social fabric.
The war in Ukraine has already resulted in significant loss of life; unprecedented displacement, internally and towards neighbouring countries; and devastating destruction of infrastructure. Eighteen years of socio-economic achievements in Ukraine are at risk. UNDP’s core engagement is to preserve development gains as fully as possible, and to return Ukraine to pathways towards achieving the SDGs as quickly as possible.
UNDP launched its Resilience Building and Recovery (RBR) framework for Ukraine on 11 April 2022 to immediately respond to the development and humanitarian challenges. The overall objective is to preserve development gains in Ukraine, mitigating risks of descent into a governance and service delivery crisis, embedding activities for recovery from the onset of the humanitarian effort, and facilitating a swift return to development pathways and processes for national attainment of the SDGs.
To support the strengthened resilience and early recovery of war-affected communities in the selected target areas of Ukraine, UNDP and the European Union, a long-term partner (including for UNDP’s programme in the east), have in parallel launched the “EU4Recovery – Empowering Communities in Ukraine” (EU4Recovery) project, which will ensure a multiplier effect by further expanding key interventions mentioned above.
In this context, UNDP Ukraine invites applications from highly qualified and experienced Ukrainian professionals for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Associate for the support in developing the capacities of UNDP personnel and partners in relation to Programme M&E and facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
In line with UNDP’s mandate as a gender-responsive organization with zero tolerance to any kind of discriminatory and abusive behaviour, including sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, the incumbent will contribute to accelerate gender equality and women’s empowerment throughout Project implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures Quality Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting, Assessment & Research Planning through:
- Support development and refinement of the Programme results and M&E framework, ensures that the Programme Components have results-based annual work plans with indicators, baselines and targets established at output and activity level;
- Support development and revision of Programme project proposals by ensuring highest quality standards in terms of theory of change, quality results frameworks as well as M&E activities.
- Assist in establishment and coordination of effective mechanisms of monitoring the Programme implementation including development of evaluation tools and processes, innovative approaches;
- Support preparation of the Programme Monitoring and Evaluation Plan capturing qualitative and quantitative aspects, according to the annual work plans and log frame according to the UNDP quality standards;
- Assist in providing technical advice to ensure that a set of Programme performance indicators is identified and adjusted as necessary, in the context of the multi-year and annual M&E Plans, the Annual Management Plan and Annual Work Plans;
- Ensure that monitoring systems are properly designed, and that data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated and standardised across Programme Components to feed into to programme performance monitoring;
- Ensure that information and data from the field is captured, documented, analysed and reported in a results-based and timely manner through policy briefs, narrative internal and external reports;
- Management of routine data, including data cleaning and entry in the Programme Information Management System(IMS) to ensure completeness and quality;
- Archive and backup database systems; ensure security of databases; perform database administrator functions. Support monitoring and analysis of key programme performance and management indicators, provision of professional input into management reports, including relevant sections of the annual reports;
- In collaboration with the M&E Analyst, ensure that evaluations, assessments and other M&E products are designed and implemented in accordance with established UNDP quality standards, and the results are disseminated in a timely manner to stakeholders in order to improve Programme performance and contribute to wider learning;
- Assist in implementation and management of evaluation policies, strategies and processes focusing on achievement of the results;
- Provide technical support to Programme team and senior management in planning and management of thematic, country programme/project M&E activities and evaluations; follow up on implementation of evaluation recommendations. Ensure the optimal use of evaluations by providing guidance in preparation of timely management response to all mandatory evaluations. Support the quality and timely evidence-based and results reporting to donors, partners and internally by contributing to external and internal reports and other communication products, quality assurance and general coordination between the relevant components in provision of written products.
- Support the development and implementation of online and offline data collection tools to meet monitoring, evaluation, and reporting needs of the Programme.
- Ensure quality contributions to the annual Results-Oriented Annual Reporting (ROAR), including provision of quality Programme data according to a predefined set of indicators and other requirements, etc.
- Support the process of UNDP quality results reporting by provision of M&E information for Quantum, IMRP, Transparency Dashboard as well as facilitating the process of Programme/project Quality Assurance and Monitoring.
- Support Programme M&E activities by drafting relevant TORs, organizations of assessments, studies, research and polling.
- Support CO planning, monitoring and reporting exercises by providing practical inputs and quality assurance of UNDAF/CPD, IWP/ROAR as well as other activities as defined by UNDP corporate practices.
Facilitates Knowledge Management and Capacity Building through through:
- Support in identification and formulation of evaluation findings, lessons learned from evaluations and studies to be integrated into broader UNDP knowledge management;
- Support in contribution to the promotion of the awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of M&E function among all staff members and partners through communication, training, learning and development activities Programme-wide;
- Assist in contribution to the implementation of Evaluation, Knowledge Management and Learning strategies;
- Support in collaboration and coordination with other UN agencies, government agencies, NGOs, and other organizations on monitoring, evaluation and data management issues; keep abreast of latest development and professional norms, standards, tools and methodologies;
- Perform other relevant functions as requested by Programme management.
Under the direct guidance and supervision of the M&E Analyst and overall guidance from the Programme Manager, the M&E Associate will be responsible to provide overall support in developing the capacities of UNDP personnel and partners in relation to Programme M&E and facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing. The M&E Associate will work closely with the Country Office (CO) M&E team staff to ensure M&E requirements are fulfilled and the M&E Framework is reported against in a timely manner with required quality checks and M&E of the entire Programme is performed to the highest standards in line with UNDP CO guidelines and procedures.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
|Digital Awareness and Literacy
Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skilfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use
them as needed
Ability to animate individuals and communities of
contributors to participate and share, particularly externally
|Ability to manage programmes and projects with a focus at improved performance and demonstrable results
Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme
performance and results
Ability to make an independent judgement based on set criteria and benchmarks – Ability to anticipate client’s
upcoming needs and concerns
|Working with Evidence and Data
Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with
the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making
Digital & Innovation
Being skilled in Data Sorting, Data Cleaning, Survey Administration, Presentation and Reporting including collection of Real-Time Data(e.g. mobile data, satellite
data, sensor data).
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Computer Science, Information Management will be given due consideration but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 6 years (with Secondary Education) or 3 years(with Bachelor’s Degree)of relevant experience, on the national or international level, in M&E, reporting and research or related area.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Knowledge of information management systems is desired.
- Experience in UN system, international organizations or non-profit organizations is an asset.
- Experience in collecting, analysing and visualizing data, identifying trends, preparing reports, communicating results is highly desirable.
- Experience in developing visibility products is an asset.
- Fluency in English, the UN language of the duty station, is required.
- Fluency in the national language of the duty station is required for local staff.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Same Posting Description for Internal and External Candidates.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 26 February, 2024.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP in Ukraine website, section Jobs and apply:
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest. Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.