Вакансія: Junior Administrative Specialist for U-LEAD with Europe (full-time, Kyiv)
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in Ukraine is seeking a qualified professional for the project “Support to the Decentralisation Reform in Ukraine / U-LEAD with Europe: Ukraine Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme – Phase II” to fill the position:
Junior Administrative Specialist (full-time, Kyiv)
(internal SAP code: Junior Administrative Specialist)
“U-LEAD with Europe: Ukraine – Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme” is a multi-donor action of the European Union and its member states Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Estonia and Slovenia which supports the efforts of the Ukrainian government in the area of decentralisation and regional development. Ukraine has put decentralisation and regional development as a top priority on its political agenda. The reform aims at promoting a viable local self-government and thus bringing a positive change to the people’s life.
U-LEAD with Europe programme has launched a new initiative from January 2023 with funding from the EU and Germany: ‘Local School Rehabilitation for Resilience’. The initiative focuses on restoring and expanding access to local education systems in 12 selected Ukrainian hromadas under grant agreements. This has two main directions:
- schools’ repair and small-scale reconstruction, supporting municipalities in transportation of pupils whose schools are damaged or destroyed to undamaged schools, and creating Digital Educational Centres in schools to ensure access to online education in the regions where the offline format is not possible;
- facilitating a safe and supportive environment for children to learn, by advising municipalities and schools on staff and legislation issues under martial law, providing support to implement school autonomy; providing support to municipalities and school administration in crisis management, security concepts, psychological support to employees and students; developing training curricula for municipalities on security for children, providing security standards for teachers.
We are looking for a motivated person with good experience in humanitarian administration work, ready to provide necessary administrative support for project-oriented organization. Work experience with GIZ and/or other international organisations is an asset.
Areas of responsibility:
- Supports Coordinator and members of the School Initiative in daily processes and tasks;
- Ensures daily flow of internal and external correspondence (drafting letters and their registration, pre-check of adherence to visibility standards); takes notes and contributes to reports;
- Contributes to regular monitoring and reporting. This includes collection of data, entrance of data into internal data management system, ensuring quality of information entered;
- Ensures organization of online and offline events;
- Supports the Coordinator with monthly and yearly financial monitoring and reporting;
- Ensures quality of financial reporting documents submitted by external service providers;
- Supports the members of School Initiative with preparing and processing administrative documents;
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Requirements to the candidates:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent;
- At least 2 years’ work experience in office management, event management or related fields;
- Strong organisational, planning and tracking skills, strong time management;
- Good intercultural communication skills;
- Keen on details within preparation of documents;
- Good working knowledge of information and communication technology (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- Reliability, flexibility, high self-discipline, team player, high loyalty;
- Feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment without getting overwhelmed;
- Excellent level of Ukrainian and very good level of English language knowledge.
- Official employment;
- Salary fixed in EUR, performance-related bonuses and 13th salary;
- Medical insurance, 29 vacation days annually;
- Language classes, hard and soft skills trainings;
- Individual and group psychological support;
- Possible remote and flexible work;
- Meaningful and valuable work, international environment.
Full-time position with 40-hours working week. Place of assignment is Kyiv. Starting in June 2023. The contract duration is until end of June 2024 with the possibility of extension.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Application comprising of the candidate’s CV and a cover letter in English language explaining the motivation to apply for the job is to be sent to [email protected] until 10 A.M. 8 June 2023.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.