Вакансія: Freelance tutor for English-language communications trainings
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES), a non-profit international organization, supports citizens’ right to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions. As the global leader in democracy promotion, we advance good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials, and by empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries – from developing democracies, to mature democracies.
To increase the ability of the Ukrainian CEC to interact directly with international media, observers, donors and diplomatic missions, and to facilitate exchange of experience between Ukrainian CEC and international EMBs, IFES plans to arrange tailored, thematic English-language communications trainings for CEC Secretariat staff. By reducing this important communication barrier, IFES believes confidence in and transparency of the CEC will be promoted to a greater degree. Such communications trainings will incorporate thematic priority areas, including accessibility topics and gender equality.
IFES is seeking Freelance tutor for English-language communications trainings for the next twelve months, with the possibility of extension. Performance Period: January 15, 2018 – January 14, 2019.
The Tutor will be responsible for developing a timeline and training scenarios, as well as for conducting during a 12-month period a series of training on thematic topics should be defined in close cooperation with IFES. Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Developing detailed work-plan for a series of requested trainings in close cooperation with IFES and the CEC Secretariat;
- Pre-testing of trainees for English language proficiency;
- Designing interactive training courses, including timeframe, curricula and training materials in accordance with trainees’ initial level of language proficiency;
- Developing a comprehensive thesaurus of the terminology to be used for the trainings (democracy, good governance, elections, rule of law and other related issues);
- Providing of students’ manuals, workbooks and other aids for the trainees;
- Interim progress testing;
- Certification of the training graduates.
- Detailed work-plan for a series of trainings developed in close cooperation with IFES and the CEC Secretariat;
- Evaluated results of pre-testing of trainees for English language proficiency;
- Finalized timeframe, agenda and curriculum for each interactive training course would be provided under the contract;
- Finalized comprehensive thesaurus of the terminology to be used for the trainings (democracy, good governance, elections, rule of law and other related issues);
- Examples of students’ manuals, workbooks and other aids for the trainees;
- Evaluated results of the interim progress testing;
- List of training graduates;
- Evaluated results of post-testing;
- Written recommendations on the further improving of English-language communication skills for the CEC Secretariat and other departments.
All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications for, with “English-language Tutor” in the subject line, to Olesia Liesnikova at [email protected] no later than December 18, 2017 COB.
The application should contain the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of interest with the tentative price;
- At least 3 business references to confirm previous experience, and
Scanned copies of registration documents to confirm the Private Entrepreneur legal status with the relevant code of business activities (KVED) and possibility to work with legal entities