Вакансія. Communication Assistant – USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Аctivity
USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity implemented by DAI Global LLC is looking for Communications Assistant.
- Activity Background:
The purpose of the US Agency for International Development (USAID) Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity (the ‘Activity’) is to strengthen the resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure from cyberattacks by establishing trusted collaboration between key cybersecurity stakeholders in the government, private sector, academia, and civil society. The activity aims to achieve this goal by implementing the following activity components:
Component 1: Strengthen the cybersecurity enabling environment
The legal, regulatory, and institutional framework for national cybersecurity in Ukraine needs to be strengthened and aligned with international standards and best practices. This component will strengthen the cybersecurity resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure sectors by addressing legislative gaps, promoting good governance, enabling collaboration between stakeholders, and supporting cybersecurity institutions. This component will also build the technical capacity of key sectors through increased access to cybersecurity technology and equipment.
Component 2: Develop Ukraine’s cybersecurity workforce
Ukraine suffers from a severe shortage of cybersecurity professionals. This component of the Activity will address workforce gaps through activities that develop new cybersecurity talent and build the capacity of existing talent. These activities will address the entire workforce pipeline, the quality of education received by cybersecurity specialists, and industry training programs to rapidly upskill Ukraine’s workforce to respond to immediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Component 3: Build a resilient cybersecurity industry
A growing cybersecurity industry in Ukraine will contribute directly to national security and prosperity. This component will seek to build trust and collaboration between the public and private sector to develop innovative solutions for future cybersecurity challenges; spur investment and growth in the broader cybersecurity market in Ukraine through greater access to financing; support smaller cybersecurity companies to rapidly increase the number of local cybersecurity service providers; and offer mechanisms for Ukrainian firms to connect with industry partners to enable better access to innovations and business opportunities.
- Role’s purpose:
The Communication Assistant’s role is to work together with the Communication Manager on increasing Activity’s visibility and promoting its activities in accordance with its Strategic Communications Plan on various communication platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook. Communication Assistant proactively participates in Activity’s outreach efforts to pitch ideas for communicating its own and its beneficiaries’ success stories and achievements. Communications Assistant is social and mainstream media savvy to pick up and inform Activity’s staff about news and events that might be of interest and/or relevant to the Activity’s goals. Communications Assistant reports to Communication Manager.
- Support the Communication Manager in implementation of the Activity’s Strategic Communications Plan.
- Work closely with the Communication Manager to support in outreach implementation activities and managing directions of public information campaign.
- Assist with preparation and formatting of contractual deliverables, including collecting inputs for and drafting weekly updates, bullets, monthly calendar, quarterly report, among others.
- Assist with developing scopes of work/terms of references for communications support services.
- Pitch stories and ideas for social media content and oversee its production and dissemination.
- Work with Activity’s vendors in developing visual content (presentations, leaflets, posters, visuals for social media, infographics, photo and video content, etc.).
- Monitor, post to, and analyze social media channels to build a community of followers and enhance interaction.
- Monitor social media and regular media for stories related to cybersecurity.
- Assist with creation of technical tasks for creation of content for social media, online and offline events.
- Assist with development of information materials – success stories, articles, long reads, brochures, and posters for social media.
- Analyze social media campaign performance and prepare reports.
- Participate in event preparation and execution, including drafting agendas, invitations to participants, event scenario for USAID, preparing presentation materials, briefings for participants, etc.
- Bachelor’s or MA degree in journalism/communication, business studies, media studies or related field or demonstrated relevant experience in lieu of official academic background.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar assignment.
- Experience in the field of cybersecurity is a major advantage.
- Social media savvy, targeting skills is an advantage.
- Experience with traditional and social media monitoring and subscription monitoring services a plus.
- Experience of work with USAID projects is a plus, familiarity with USAID branding policy is a privilege.
- Good writing and reporting skills; strong English and Ukrainian languages required.
- Candidates will be asked to create a writing sample during the interview process.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and reading skills in English, Russian and Ukrainian.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Only short-listed candidates will receive a notice requesting additional information.