Вакансія: Communication Expert for Human trafficking protection initiative
About Alinea International:
Alinea International is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Alinea International has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea International presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
At Alinea International we value equity, diversity and inclusivity in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
Alinea is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. Due to the nature of our work, all candidates will be subject to due diligence checks and extensive background checks where appropriate.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
The goal of this initiative is to war-effected woman and children are better protected against human trafficking by informing at-risk Ukrainians, provide resources for those that have already been trafficked and to help Ukrainians recover from the trauma they have experienced.
Communication Expert will be responsible for planning and implementation of communication campaigns for the human trafficking protection initiative in the framework of the SURGe communication strategy.
Location: remote job position for now, with meetings in Ukraine once the security situation allows.
Reports to: Local Gender Adviser.
Employment type: part-time, Monday-Friday.
Remuneration: fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
The duration of the contract is 6 months with a possibility of extensions (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
Under the direct supervision of the Gender Adviser and in close cooperation with Ukrainian Gender Experts (hereafter the Team):
• Development of communication campaigns on gender equality, combating human trafficking and gender-based violence, including determining methods, instruments and resources that are to be used.
• Development of gender-sensitive communication guidelines on how to communicate with each of the identified audiences, taking into account the sensitive nature of communication with victims of violence.
• Development of appropriate messages for communication materials.
• Ensuring the development, monitoring and measurement of communication campaigns, frameworks and policies with data disaggregation.
• Management of Reform Initiative communications, including social media.
• Creation of textual and visual information products.
• Analysis of efficiency of communication campaigns held, with data disaggregation.
• Using feminines and gender-sensitive approach (in all duties and responsibilities).
• Other duties as assigned.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
• Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or other relevant subjects.
• Proven work experience as a communications manager or similar role for at least 3 years.
• Experience of information campaigns against human trafficking and gender-based violence.
• Experience in working in gender equality projects, programs or training in gender equality.
• Experience in conducting training, in particular for journalists.
• Proven expertise in developing and implementing communication strategies.
• Knowledge in the fundamental concepts of effective communication campaigns.
• Ability to foster long-term relationships with key stakeholders.
Other experience and skills:
● Strong ethics, well-balanced and mature personality, positive attitude to the job.
● Strong organizational skills, ability to work under tight deadlines.
● Excellent knowledge of Ukrainian, ability to speak and write clearly and correctly.
● Good command of English, both written and speaking skills.
● Citizen of Ukraine.
1. Cover letter is mandatory to be considered. Cover letters should detail how you fit the opportunity, your daily fee and current availability.
2. Alinea International accepts electronic submissions only. Send your cover letter and CV to [email protected] till indicated deadline for applications.
3. Please, include following in the email subject line: [Communication Expert: your last name, your first name].
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
The interview process might start before the vacancy deadline.