Вакансія Асистента проектів в Одеському офісі forumZFD
To join our office in Odesa. The incumbent should be ready for occasional duty trips to various parts of Ukraine.
Start of assignment
The estimated commencement of duties is 23 July 2018.
Your tasks and responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Country Programme Manager, and daily guidance by the national Project Officer, the Project Assistant will play an important role in implementing the activities of forumZFD’s programme office in Odesa and the region. The incumbent will be responsible for the organization and administration of the office’s activities, events’ organization and logistics, reporting, co-ordination of implementing partners’ activities, research, translation, contribution to the development of project publications, training modules and creation of online content, establishing collaborative relations with partners, and other tasks as defined by the Country Programme Manager.
Specific tasks include:
- Support the implementation of forumZFD programme in Odesa and the wider region.
- Provide programming and administrative support to the programme team and implementing partners.
- Liaise with partners to arrange for various matters related to the programme implementation.
- Arrange all programme related meetings, and maintain programme’s background information, calendar, log, routine correspondence and facilitate follow-up action and deadlines.
- Conduct research on specific issues in the area of conflict transformation upon request.
- Plan, coordinate, attend and participate in events and activities such as seminars, round tables, workshops, conferences, travels, study trips and training events in the framework of the forumZFD programme.
- Translate project materials and provide interpretation in meetings, when deemed necessary. Keep meeting notes when requested.
- Assist in the creation of forumZFD Programme Office online content as well as other information resources to inform the public about forumZFD activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Completed bachelor’s degree, with at least three years of relevant professional experience in project design, development and management of community development projects. Master’s degree in a relevant field and peace related work experience will be an asset.
- At least three years of experience in working with Ukrainian CSOs or international organizations.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and understanding of local and regional context, with the ability to think creatively to develop appropriate activities.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing round tables, conferences and other events and handling their logistical aspects.
- Fluency in English and strong verbal communication skills in Ukrainian/Russian.
- Committed to peace and strong interest to contribute to addressing current challenges experienced by Ukrainian communities at local level.
- Excellent research and drafting skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Computer and Internet proficiency.
- Strong intercultural sensitivity and ability to work in a team.
- Self-motivation, drive for results and initiative.
- Willingness to travel frequently throughout Ukraine.
- Ukrainian citizenship and residence either in Odesa or Odesa region.
- Driving licence and driving experience will be an asset.
Forum Ziviler Friedensdienst e.V. (Forum Civil Peace Service, forumZFD)
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence. forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professionals engaged internationally in peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates for civil peace policy.
forumZFD is recognized by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees. Currently, forumZFD in Ukraine operates through its offices in Kyiv and Odesa and works with Ukrainian partners in the fields of civil conflict transformation and peace building.
We offer an attractive position with a fixed term contract in a growing German organization, competitive salary and a friendly working atmosphere where team spirit is held in high regard. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses where appropriate.
As a Project Assistant working with forumZFD, you will get engaged in the innovative field of conflict transformation and peace-building and contribute with your ideas and skills.
The duration of the employment contract will be initially for 1 year, with 3 months probation, and upon satisfactory performance there is possibility for extension.
Please send your application (letter of motivation and CV) to [email protected] with subject: “Project Assistant-last name, first name”, not later than 13 July, Friday 2018 CoB.
We are looking forward to your application!