Вакансія: Anti-Trafficking and Gender Equality Expert
About Alinea International:
Alinea International is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Alinea International has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea International presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
At Alinea International we value equity, diversity and inclusivity in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
Alinea is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. Due to the nature of our work, all candidates will be subject to due diligence checks and extensive background checks where appropriate.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
Under the direct supervision of the Local Gender Adviser and in close cooperation with Ukrainian Gender Experts (hereafter the Team), Anti-Trafficking and Gender Equality Expert provides advice and executes assignments on all aspects related to planning, documents drafting, implementation, monitoring and reporting related to anti trafficking and gender equality (AT+GE) aspects, trauma rehabilitation activities in SURGe activities.
Anti-Trafficking and Gender Equality Expert ensures timely advice, efficient implementation of Gender Adviser tasks and programming, effectively manages his/her field of work, actively participates in relevant AT+GE discussions of the Team, takes an initiative position, proposing new solutions or optimizing existing ones, develops or participates in the development of legal or other AT+GE documents, worthily represents the Team at relevant external events, when authorized by Gender Adviser.
SURGe is looking for candidates who are result-oriented, have good teamwork and communication skills, understand the specifics of project work and cooperation with the authorities, and are motivated to work on women’s rights, especially vulnerable groups.
Location: remote job position for now, with meetings in Ukraine once the security situation allows.
Reports to: Local Gender Adviser.
Employment type: full-time, Monday-Friday.
Remuneration: fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
The duration of the contract is 6 months with a possibility of extensions (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
• Analyze and present relevant information to the Team and SURGe on trafficking and violence against women, including all forms of exploitation.
• Highlight potential areas of engagement, gaps, and best practices and lessons learned to inform the involvement of SURGe in trafficking and exploitation prevention.
• Develop analytical notes, reports, proposals and other documents related to trafficking and exploitation prevention.
• Develop recommendations on trafficking and exploitation prevention for further consultation with the Team, SURGe and authorities.
• Provide technical assistance in preparing relevant background documents as requested, and generating relevant knowledge to inform the work of the Team and SURGe.
• Provide other analysis and duties related to AT+GE and women rights protection.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
• Degree in areas such as law/human rights, social work, public health, gender, international relations, and/or other related social science disciplines.
• 5 years of Proven specialized experience in trafficking prevention, the response of rehabilitation, and experience in this field at an international level in a humanitarian context.
• Technical knowledge of current developments on AT+GE legislation and data.
• Ability to develop AT+GE documents that target refugees, IDPs/returnees, and their host communities.
• Good interpersonal, communication, networking, and negotiation skills.
• Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral forms.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel, etc).
• Proficiency in English oral and written (B2 or higher).
• Citizen of Ukraine.
1. Cover letter is mandatory to be considered. Cover letters should detail how you fit the opportunity, your daily fee and current availability.
2. Alinea International accepts electronic submissions only. Send your cover letter and CV to [email protected] till indicated deadline for applications.
3. Please, include following in the email subject line: [Anti-Trafficking and Gender Equality Expert: your last name, your first name].
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
The interview process might start before the vacancy deadline.