Вакансія America House Visitor Assistant
Through the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine, IREX administers the America House, a welcoming, dynamic space that fosters discussion and debate, provides opportunities for professional and personal skill building, and sparks creativity and collaboration around shared Ukrainian and U.S. values. The America House offers not only a physical space, but also a virtual hub, which facilitates access to balanced resources and information. Peer-to-peer cultural exchanges, discussions and learning at the America House provide visitors with a seat in “America’s living room.” For more detailed information about America House please visit www.americahousekyiv.org.
Summary of Position:
The America House Visitor Assistant is responsible for welcoming and helping visitors, and partners, providing information on programs, resources and opportunities offered, assisting with organizing America House events and assist with other tasks to implement programs. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Description of Responsibilities:
● Meet and greet visitors and callers with courtesy and professionalism. Provide basic information to general inquiries, present America House resources;
● Register new members and maintain membership database;
● Answer general inquiries to the America House general email account;
● Assist visitors with checking out and using IT equipment. Provide basic tech support for laptop and tablet use;
● Support America House team as needed and provide general support to staff including photocopying, filing, note-taking and other relevant duties;
● Provide logistical support and room setup for events. Please note that the room setup often requires moving chairs and tables;
● Maintain office stock of office supplies and order new supplies when need arises;
● Interpret/translate for the international guests;
● Translate outgoing communication materials into English and Ukrainian/Russian;
● Ensure America House public spaces are always in presentable and working condition;
● Liaise with America House team, cafeteria staff, cleaning staff and other support staff to make sure the regular operation runs smoothly, are equipped with all the necessities, supplies are in place, and visitors’ questions are addressed;
● Other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree;
● Excellent English, Ukrainian, and Russian;
● Strong intercultural and communications skills;
● Reliable team player;
● Demonstrated customer-service orientation, skilled at handling multiple tasks and able to maintain a calm, friendly demeanor under stressful situations;
● Familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other related graphic media applications software is an advantage;
● Experience working with social media and/or operating tech equipment is an advantage;
● Experience studying in the United States or holding an ECA alumnus/a status is an advantage.
Please send your cover letter and resume as an attachment in an email with “America House Visitor Assistant” in the subject line to [email protected]. Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
Application Deadline: February 18, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.