UNDP in Ukrаine is looking for a National Consultant Creative Writer/Storyteller
UNDP in Ukraine is looking for a National Consultant Creative Writer/Storyteller
The consultant is expected to produce a number of human stories (in English and Ukrainian) demonstrating UNDP’s impact on the ground.
He/she will capture and share stories to promote environmentally-friendly action/behaviour by offering a new way of looking at things and by challenging the audience’s belief system.
The Consultant will carry out the following activities:
- Review the background documents provided by UNDP to obtain a better understanding of the goals and context, as well as the UNDP Guidelines for Storytelling and Principles of Gender-Responsive Communications to follow developing the products.
- Identify success stories and gather engaging and compelling stories/content, both by the desk review and by interviews with men/women selected to be portrayed in the storytelling project. Ensure that women and men are equally represented in stories.
- Turn deep and raw scientific feature-oriented content and human voices into personalized human stories the audience will enjoy.
With an emphasis on strong writing, contextualize and design visual, text-based content as well as tailor and package key messages to be communicated to suit the audience. Ensure that the content clearly communicates the message and ensure content and message are consistent.
The Consultant should possess the following qualifications, experience and skills:
At least Bachelor’s degree in journalism & media, public relations, communications, linguistics, social sciences, sustainable energy, ecology, environmental management, or other relevant studies.
- At least 3 years of experience in journalism, photo journalism, development communication, copywriting of human-centred stories and/or storytelling or similar field;
- Excellent storytelling/ writing skills and ability to translate expert knowledge in language that can be understood by non-expert audiences proven by record (portfolio) of at least 5 published articles, human-centred success stories and/or other relevant publications;
- Familiarity with the issues related to the sustainable energy and environment area (education or at least 1 year working experience in the related field) would be a strong advantage.
- Excellent technical photography skills to ensure production of high-quality photographs and videography would be an asset.
- Previous relevant experience with UNDP, other UN Agency, international organizations or donors would be an asset.
Fluency in Ukrainian/Russian and English is required.
More information can be found here.