Ukraine Field Finance Manager – Фінансовий Менеджер
The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) seeks a Field Finance Manager to support multiple U.S. government funded projects in Ukraine. He/she will help ensure the efficient financial and administrative functioning of the ABA field office. This position is based in Kyiv, with the option to work remotely on a temporary basis, depending on the prevailing security conditions in Ukraine.
Periodic travel may be required upon occasion, as well as periodic weekend work or extended hours in conjunction with program activities. This position reports to the Country Director.
· Manage office funds, including bank accounts and petty cash.
· Conduct monthly bank and cash reconciliations.
· Prepare detailed monthly expense reports in English using software.
· Prepare monthly office cash forecasts.
· Prepare staff payroll and local tax payments.
· Monitor program spending for the duration of grants.
· Review and maintain activity budgets.
· Ensure timely payments to vendors.
· Ensure compliance with ABA ROLI policies and procedures.
· Maintain office financial and operational policies in collaboration with ABA ROLI field staff and US-based staff.
· Work with locally based field staff on financial management and compliance, including training staff on ABA ROLI policies and procedures.
· Oversee the drafting, executing, and managing of contracts for staff, consultants, and vendors, as well as management of staff timesheets and leave balances.
· Work with sub-grantees in accordance with ABA financial policies, providing quality control over their financial reports before sending them to ABA headquarters.
· Keep office inventory list.
· Other related duties as required.
- Degree in business, financial management, or a related field.
- Experience working on donor funded foreign assistance programs.
- Experience working with ERP Systems and QuickBooks Software.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter and comfortable working independently.
- Commitment to high ethical standards.
- Excellent communication skills and ability stay in close coordination with program staff in Ukraine and in the U.S.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with partners and vendors.
- Must be fluent in Ukrainian and English.
Interested candidates may submit their Cover Letter and CV to [email protected] with the “Ukraine Field Finance Manager” in the subject line. The application deadline is August 4th, 2023.