Travel and Administrative Assistant – Міжнародна організація з міграції (МОМ), Представництво в Україні
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Travel and Administrative Assistant
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 29 June 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer with the technical guidance from the National Senior Finance Officer and in collaboration with Resources Management team, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the administrative and finance functions.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in organizing Travel-on-Duty for IOM Staff in Country office and Staff on STA.
- Register Travel Requests and maintain proper e-filing system for the staff travel records, including the requests, approval, clearances, confirmation, tickets, etc.
- Calculate Advance DSAs when required.
- Assist in preparing the Payment Requests, review and adjust invoices from hotels, contractors, etc. prior to submission to finance staff.
- Assist the IOM Ukraine Staff and International Staff on STA/TDY with accommodation.
- Support the Mission’s officials with UN Laissez-Passer applications.
- Process Travel Expense Claims in full conformity with IOM Rules and Regulations and alerting management in case of non-conformity. Monitor the timely submission of the TECs.
- Provide logistical and administrative assistance with respect to the national, international meetings, conferences including travel and hotel arrangements, as well as the itinerary of IOM visitors.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Prepare documents for visa support of Mission’s officials; as well as prepare visa support letters for both business and private trips of personnel and staff on STA/TDY.
- Record bank transaction in PRISM with respect to TECs processing.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- High School Degree/Certificate with five years of relevant professional experience
- Prior experience in office/business administration, finance/accounting, customer service, record keeping, compliance, clerical duties, etc.
- Knowledge of IOM/UN administrative and financial management, operational practices is an advantage.
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, Internet and others;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way.
Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required. Working knowledge of Russian is desirable.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form (iom.org.ua/sites/default/files/personal_history_form_0.xls) to [email protected] by 29 June 2022 the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 22.06.2022 to 29.06.2022