Translation and Interpretation Specialist/Фахівець(-чиня) з письмових та усних перекладів
Translation and Interpretation specialist
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a seven-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the largest USAID project in Ukraine so far. The USAID ESP is implemented by a USAID Contractor, Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The USAID ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support the country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. USAID ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, USAID ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians. USAID ESP is currently in the fifth year of implementation and will run through June 2025.
* Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position. *
USAID ESP is looking for a dynamic and outstanding Translation and Interpretation Specialist. The role is primarily to provide support to the ESP’s Regulatory Team in translating and proofreading of EU Energy Acquis, and REMIT Secondary Legislation. This is a long-term, full-time position based in Kyiv, Ukraine. The position will report to ESP’s Communications and Public Outreach Director.
- Provide daily support and interpretation/translation services, including but not limited to the project deliverables preparation;
- Provide language support to the team members;
- Interpret during meetings as needed;
- Other responsibilities depend on the project needs.
- Education in languages, communications, or a related field;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience supporting translation and interpretation, specifically in Energy Sector;
- Interest in key public policy issues including energy sector reform;
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent and self-starter;
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English required, both written and spoken.
In return the Translation and Interpretation Specialist will get:
- The possibility to progress the career in Translation/Interpretation by working on a large, international technical assistance project;
- The ability to shape and manage own career in a modern, inclusive work environment of international and Ukrainian experts;
- A work/life balance, as well as paid 24 working days of vacation and 12 working days of sick leave.
To apply: Please submit a CV in English and a brief cover letter with the title of the position in the subject line to [email protected]
There is no deadline associated with this position, USAID ESP may fill the position when a qualified person is found. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, visit the Project website https://energysecurityua.org, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/, LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/energysecurityua/ and Youtube