Технічний/а експерт/ка з питань розширення обов’язків і повноважень медсестер у закладах ПМД (лікар первинки)/ Technical Expert on expanding duties/ powers of nurses in PHC facilities(MD)
Deloitte is seeking 2 individual consultants (MD) to serve as Technical Experts on expanding duties/powers of nurses in PHC facilities in support of the USAID Health Reform Support (HRS) project.
Position: Technical Expert on expanding duties/powers of nurses in PHC facilities
Period of Performance: November 2022 – September 30, 2023
LOE: 110 days
The purpose of the USAID Health Reform Support (HRS) project is to support a transparent, accountable, and effective health care system that is capable of meeting the health needs of the Ukrainian people. Advancing health sector reforms, enhancing transparency, and tackling corruption will reduce out-of-pocket payments and improve access and availability of high quality, evidence-based health care services for Ukrainians. Elimination of corruption is a cross-cutting theme across all objectives to be achieved by this activity, which include:
- Improve health sector governance.
- Support the transformation of the healthcare financing model.
- Strengthen the health workforce.
- Enhance transparency, accountability, and responsiveness of the health care system.
- Improve service delivery system at all levels.
Russia’s ongoing invasion presents significant challenges to the Ukrainian health care system. HRS is in the process of pivoting activities across all five objectives to respond to the current and future needs of the Government of Ukraine (GOU).
Technical Experts on expanding duties/powers of nurses in PHC facilities will train the nurse staff of the 3 selected PHC facilities, contribute to the autonomous nursing practice in their capacities, and introduce the recommended nursing vertical, together with the model of the on-site doctors’ mentoring nurses.
The technical experts are expected to perform the following tasks:
- Participate in assessment as a component of the selection of the primary healthcare facilities;
- Conduct the assessment by interviewing decision-makers on nurse empowerment issues and prepare the report on the assessment;
- Design the model of the on-site doctors’ mentoring nurses;
- Organize and hold ToT for mentoring doctors;
- Conduct trainings for the selected teams according to the developed plan on the development of nurse duties/power;
- Design individual development plans for nurses and present them in the selected facilities;
- Cooperate with the local and international experts with the expertise in expanding the duties/powers of nurses;
- Proposing solid results to assure the continuity of changes;
- To ensure the sustainability of the project, elaborate relevant corrections in the nurse’s job description and collective agreement to be approved by the primary healthcare facilities, if necessary;
- Participate in working meetings of the Project team regularly;
- Follow deadlines and regularly communicate with the HRS team on current projects and timeline status.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Medicine.
- At least five years of proven work experience in healthcare, including the practice of expanded duties/powers.
- Good awareness of the peculiarities of the practice of the expanded nursery duties/powers.
- Experience in training on health-related subjects.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, experience in developing and holding trainings.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
Qualified candidates are expected to send their CVs, cover letters, and two professional letters of reference/reference contacts to [email protected] no later than October 5, 2022. Please indicate the following in the subject field of the email: “ Technical Expert on expanding duties/powers of nurses in PHC facilities (MD) ”. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.