Технічний радник з питань оцінки медичних технологій/ Health Technology Assessment Technical Advisor
In September 2017, United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year Health Safe, Affordable, and Effective Medicines (SAFEMed) contract to the Management Sciences for Health (MSH). SAFEMed applies health system-strengthening best practices to create evidence-based interventions and strengthen Ukraine’s pharmaceutical system in line with the Ministry of Health’s (MOH) health care reform objectives. SAFEMed seeks to improve access to appropriate, quality medicines to maximize availability within MOH’s budgetary constraints. SAFEMed interventions will institutionalize rational medicine selection, strengthen and systematize public procurement of pharmaceuticals and commodities, support sustainable public sector pharmaceutical financing, and strengthen the pharmaceutical supply chain in collaboration with the Government of Ukraine (GOU), the MOH and the National Health Service of Ukraine (NHSU), civil society partners, other implementing partners, and the private sector. By the end of SAFEMed, Ukraine’s pharmaceutical system will be more transparent and cost efficient and availability of medicines will increase, thereby supporting the GOU goal of a health care system that produces desired health outcomes.
In pursuit of its goal, SAFEMed has three primary project objectives:
- Strengthening governance within the pharmaceutical sector of Ukraine;
- Optimizing the financing of the pharmaceutical sector; and
- Increasing the availability and appropriate use of medicines in Ukraine.
Health policy priority setting is a key focus for SAFEMed and encompasses the development of HTA capability in Ukraine along with the governance and institutional structures required to operationalize the concept.
The overall purpose of this position is to support the SAFEMed activities that contribute to the development of the HTA function in Ukraine under guidance and oversight of SAFEMed Senior Technical Advisor.
Day-to-day duties may include but not limited by the following tasks:
- Conduct grey and peer literature review in preparation for the HTA establishment and roll out in Ukraine;
- Facilitate communications and meetings with key HTA stakeholders from the government, private sector and civil society in Ukraine;
- Conduct surveys and/or face-to-face interviews with key HTA stakeholders;
- Collect data related to HTA activities; analyze and report;
- Consolidate learnings into final English-language reports under guidance and oversight of the SAFEMed Senior Technical Advisor;
- Support the conduct of the international and national HTA meetings organized or supported by SAFEMed;
- Document key findings and recommendations from the meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
- At least 7 years of work experience in healthcare service delivery and life sciences, with the familiarity of pharmaceutical policies in Ukraine;
- Report writing experience in English and Ukrainian;
- Presentation, training and workshop facilitation;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals;
- Health Technology Assessment knowledge and practical application are desirable.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and summarize recommendations;
- Ability to search peer-review literature;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, meetings and report writing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals
- Fluency in both English and Russian/Ukrainian languages required (both written and spoken);
Skills in conducting quantitative analyses with SPSS (or similar statistical software) and programming with Excel as well as experience in conducting interviews and analyze qualitatively
MINIMAL EDUCATION LEVEL:
- University degree in medicine, public health or life sciences, preferably with a postgraduate degree in Epidemiology, Pharmacology, Health Technology Assessment, Health Economics, public health or (bio) statistics.
- Medical degree
- Reporting directly to SAFEMed Senior Technical Advisor, Pharmaceutical Policy and Governance
DUTIES PERFORMANCE LOCATION: Kyiv, Ukraine
DURATION OF DUTIES PERFORMANCE:
Proposed duration of this position is until the end of SAFEMed Project (August 2022).; Annual renewed Contract is foreseen.
Interested qualified candidates have to submit their CVs and motivation letter. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If you wish to apply for this position, please visit MSH website: