Technical Advisor, Human Resources for Health Component Lead / Технічний/а радник/ця, керівник/ця напрямку кадрового забезпечення охорони здоров’я
Deloitte is seeking qualified candidates for the open position of Technical Advisor, Human Resources for Health Component Lead in support of the USAID Health Reform Support project. This position is based in Kyiv.
Level of Effort: full-time
The purpose of the USAID Health Reform Support project (HRS) is to support a transparent, accountable, and effective health care system that is capable of meeting the health needs of the Ukrainian people. Advancing health sector reforms, enhancing transparency, and tackling corruption will reduce out-of-pocket payments and improve access and availability of high quality, evidence-based health care services for Ukrainians. Elimination of corruption is a cross-cutting theme across all objectives to be achieved by this activity, which include:
- Improve health sector governance.
- Support the transformation of the healthcare financing model.
- Strengthen the health workforce.
- Enhance transparency, accountability, and responsiveness of the health care system.
- Improve service delivery system at all levels.
The Technical Advisor, Human Resource for Health will lead the Objective 3: Strengthen the health workforce component and will serve as Key Personnel under the project. S/He will provide technical and managerial oversight to activities, focusing on high-level management and achievement of results under this component, in close coordination with the senior management team and project leadership. The position will also have management responsibility for personnel assigned to this component. S/he will be the project’s senior expert on health workforce planning and expected to provide technical input towards the component’s workplan contributions and activity implementation. Activities under this component focus on improving and streamlining the regulatory framework and practice of health workforce planning, training, deployment and retention. The position will continuously identify issues and risks related to program implementation and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
Project Management and Leadership
- Provide guidance, oversight and quality assurance for all project activities, outputs, and deliverables related to health workforce strengthening activities. Assume overall responsibility for the effective implementation of work plans to ensure delivery is on time, within budget, meets client and stakeholder expectations and is contractually compliant;
- Oversee project planning, contribute technical expertise as necessary to ensure project implementation, with a focus on results and financial accountability for all project activities related to health workforce strengthening;
- Provide strategic vision on program sustainability;
- Identify staffing needs on the team to implement health workforce strengthening (Objective 3) activities and develop scopes of work for essential staff and consultants based in Ukraine and internationally;
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the project’s senior leadership team and provide input as needed on technical approach and direction;
- Develop strong working relationships and a regular dialogue on activity progress and challenges with Project staff in Kyiv and remotely located staff providing short-term technical assistance;
- Develop strong working relationships with the government of Ukraine, relevant stakeholders and institutions, balancing the varied interests of these stakeholders and fostering collaboration and partnership; and
- Complete other ad hoc tasks as assigned.
- Facilitate discussions among the project team and with governmental and non-governmental stakeholders to develop and implement the project strategy and workplan;
- Write and review components of the project strategy, workplan, and implementation reports, specifically those related to health workforce strengthening activities, but also provide text for other objectives as requested;
- Responsible for meeting contractual obligations, producing deliverables and meeting targets, and achieving project results as specified by the project;
- Plan and conduct assessments and analyses as needed to inform development of the project strategy and workplan;
- Conduct training and other capacity development efforts within project team and with stakeholders;
- Prepare briefs, reports, and analyses based upon project, client, and counterpart need; and
- Ensure the project provides and demonstrates good Value for Money.
Staff Management and Supervision
- Supervise and mentor the in-house technical team, ensuring their continued professional and effective performance;
- Ensure strong staff management practices including staff planning, recruitment, on-boarding, performance appraisal and development;
- Perform regular check-ins with direct reports to promote quality performance and provide constructive feedback and mentorship in technical and management skills; and
- Contribute to capacity assessment of the team, developing and implementing performance improvement plans and on-the-job-training where appropriate.
- Demonstrated competence in and at least five (5) years of managing and providing technical assistance in key areas of improving medical education, human resources for health, guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOPs) to institutionalize evidence-based practices and procedures and promote transparency and accountability in health education systems;
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English are required, and must have fluency/proficiency in Ukrainian; and
- A Master’s Degree (or higher), or Bachelor’s Degree plus an additional three (3) years of experience, in Public Administration, Public Health, Health Policy, Social Science or related field is required.
This position is designated as “Key Personnel” for the project. Any offers resulting from this announcement are contingent on client approval.
The Technical Advisor, Human Resource for Health Component Lead reports to the Deputy Chief of Party/Programs.
Deloitte welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities for all applicants. Deloitte makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, etc.
Qualified candidates are expected to send their CVs, cover letters, and list of two professional references [email protected] no later than October 1, 2023. Please indicate the following in the subject field of the email: “ Technical Advisor, Human Resources for Health Component Lead“. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.