Старший радник напрямку фінансування системи охорони здоров’я/Senior Health Financing Advisor
Deloitte is seeking resumes for qualified candidates to serve as Senior Health Financing Advisor in support of the USAID Health Reform Support project. The position is full-time and will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Project Background and Summary:
The purpose of the USAID Health Reform Support project is to support a transparent, accountable, and effective health care system that is capable of meeting the health needs of the Ukrainian people. Advancing health sector reforms, enhancing transparency, and tackling corruption will reduce out-of-pocket payments and improve access and availability of high quality, evidence-based health care services for Ukrainians. Elimination of corruption is a cross-cutting theme across all objectives to be achieved by this activity, which includes:
- Improve health sector governance.
- Support the transformation of the healthcare financing model.
- Strengthen the health workforce.
- Enhance transparency, accountability and responsiveness of the health care system.
- Improve service delivery system at all levels.
The Senior Health Financing Advisor will provide technical oversight to activities, focusing on high-level management and achievement of results under the Project Component: “Support the transformation of the healthcare financing model”.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Provide guidance, oversight and quality assurance for all project activities, outputs, and deliverables related to designing and implementing a new health financing model in Ukraine. Assume overall responsibility for the effective implementation of work plans to ensure delivery is on time, within budget, meets client and stakeholder expectations and is contractually compliant.
- Oversee project planning, contribute technical expertise as necessary to ensure project implementation, with a focus on results and financial accountability for all project activities related to health finance and health economics.
- Provide strategic vision on program sustainability.
- Lead overall technical strategy, implementation, and management of Health Financing Component
- Identify staffing needs on the team to implement health financing activities and develop scopes of work for essential staff and consultants based in Ukraine and internationally.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the project’s senior leadership team and provide input as needed on technical approach and direction
- Develop strong working relationships and a regular dialogue on activity progress and challenges with the Project staff in Kyiv and remotely located staff providing short-term technical assistance.
- Develop strong working relationships with the government of Ukraine, relevant stakeholders and institutions, balancing the varied interests of these stakeholders and fostering collaboration and partnership Assisting in conducting research, analyzing, and synthesizing evidence-based conclusions and producing practical recommendations based on relevant literature and evidence on Ukraine’s health policy, legal and operational environment;
- Preparing drafts of relevant documentation and reports, and participating in developing new projects as assigned;
- Communicating to small and large audiences about the project’s progress, successes, and challenges;
- Supporting annual work planning, regular work plan tracking, and resource planning;
- Supporting quarterly, annual reporting, and other client reporting, as needed/required.
- A Master’s Degree (or higher) plus an additional three (3) years of experience, in Public Health, Health Policy, Social Science or related field is required.
- 6+ years of experience providing leadership and program management, particularly with USAID-funded projects
- 6+ years of experience providing technical assistance at the national level on issues such as UHC, health financing, governance, health policy, using data for decision making, capacity development of the public sector, sustainability, planning, and leadership.
- Demonstrated competence in and at least five (5) years of managing and providing technical assistance in key areas of health financing, including DRGs and provider payment mechanisms to promote transparency and accountability in health sector financing;
- Experience implementing programs and providing technical assistance at the national and subnational levels in Eastern Europe and/or OECD
- Experience working with the public sector, private commercial sector, and NGOs in the health sector.
- Experience applying systems management tools and conducting assessments and analyses.
- Sound knowledge of approaches to strengthening the health system, which may include establishing new financing mechanisms, developing financial and contractual tools, conducting economic and other analyses to inform decisions.
- Proven experience conducting training events and workshops, building the capacity of counterparts to strengthen financing, planning, and governance at the national and subnational levels.
- Proven experience providing mentorship and leadership to teams.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills and charismatic orator.
- Understanding of regulatory and financial framework of the health system in Ukraine is required.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English are required, and must have fluency/proficiency in Ukrainian and/or Russian;
- Ability to maintain focus and complete high-quality work while under the pressure of multiple tasks in a politically sensitive and fast-paced environment;
- Ability to travel throughout Ukraine;
- Ability to work outside of standard business hours, on an as-needed/required basis.
Qualified candidates are expected to send their CVs, cover letters, and list of two professional references [email protected] no later than October 10, 2021. Please indicate the following in the subject field of the email: “Senior Health Financing Advisor “. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.