Старший/а Асистент/ка проєкту / Senior Project Assistant (CCCM) G6 – Міжнародна організація з міграції (МОМ), Представництво в Україні
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title:Senior Project Assistant (CCCM)
Duty Station:Poltava, Ukraine
Classification:General Service Staff, Grade G6
Type of Appointment:Special Short-Term, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date:As soon as possible
Closing Date:09 December 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the Programme Manager (CCCM) and the direct supervision of the National Project Officer (CCCM) and in coordination with other technical programme specialists, the successful candidate will support IOMs efforts to improve living conditions of crisis affected population across Ukraine. The incumbent will assist and support the implementation of CCCM activities conducted by the Mobile Team, including assessments and distribution.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordinating the daily and weekly implementation of project activities related to IOM Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) projects within relevant region, ensuring that IOM’s policies and procedures are followed up and activities implemented in a timely and efficient manner and within the budget.
- Develop and maintain regular distribution and intervention plans and coordinate those closely with the supply chain manager and other program units Shelter, WASH. Coordinate the transport and distribution of targeted NFI and other assets at local level (municipal level).
- Coordinate field staff and oversee the data collection for needs assessment, consultations and FGD’s with affected population, and participate where necessary. Support with drafting the relevant tools and explore possible intervention modalities based on the outcomes.
- Monitor field CCCM activities continuously, keep track of work-plan distribution plans in coordination with field colleagues, and report potential gaps/delays in the implementation to the National Project Officer (CCCM).
- Ensure that any reporting and/or information inputs both internally and externally are provided punctually and accurately.
- Assist the project officer with the coordination with Logistics and Procurement Unit on the procurement process, delivery of program items, and monitor closely the performance of IPs.
- Follow up with sub-implementing partner, if any, on reporting requirements and submit all reports timely.
- Guide, train and supervise staff in the area of responsibility.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma/certificate or equivalent with at least six years of relevant work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in International Relations, Sociology, Political Science, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of professional experience.
- Experience working with Camp Coordination and Camp Management operations preferable.
- Experience in managing multi-sectoral activities, including distribution and community outreach.
- Experience working with a non-governmental organization and/or international organization is an advantage.
- Knowledge of project management cycle.
- Proficient use of Microsoft software such as Excel and PowerPoint and other software such as SPSS, KoBo toolbox, DropBox, etc.
- Knowledge of data management.
Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form (https://ukraine.iom.int/sites/g/files/tmzbdl1861/files/documents/personal_history_form_2016.xls) to [email protected] by 09 December 2022 the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 02.12.2022 to 09.12.2022