SRH M&E Associate до UNFPA, Фонду ООН у галузі народонаселення в Україні
Under the supervision of Reproductive Health (RH) Programme Officer, the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Associate is responsible for a variety of standard monitoring and evaluation services within the Country Programme framework ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. You will collect and analyse projects data and surveys and facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing on M&E activities.
This post is non-rotational under Service Contract modality and is open to Ukrainian nationals only.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2022-2025), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA in Ukraine works for (1) creating conditions in which every young person can fulfill the potential, lead a healthy lifestyle, know their reproductive rights and take an active social life; (2) conducting sexual and reproductive health campaigns to improve access to health and care services and improve its quality, especially for young people; (3)
combating gender stereotypes in society (through the media, compulsory education for civil servants on gender mainstreaming, the improvement of national gender policy and anti-discrimination expertise of school textbooks); (4) providing information and services to gender-based violence survivors through the creation of crisis centers, supporting the work of mobile teams of psycho-social and support, providing expert support and raising general awareness in society.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
M&E Associate will play a vital role in ensuring the smooth provision of critical services relating to programme/project monitoring and evaluation to the SRH Programe. You will build close relationships with CO programme and operations teams, Regional and HQs programme teams, national counterparts as well as the donor community for efficient and effective delivery of the country programme.
You will provide quality support to programme/project monitoring and evaluation activities, ensure M&E requirements are fulfilled and reported in a timely manner with required quality checks, in line with UNFPA guidelines and procedures.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
A. Implementation of Programme Monitoring and Evaluation Activities
● Assist in the development, update, and effective and efficient implementation of the programme and projects annual work plans with focus on results monitoring, objective hierarchy, indicators and monitoring mechanisms, tools, and procedures.
● Support the preparation of programme/projects M&E Plan capturing qualitative and quantitative aspects according to the annual work plans
● Design and set out the framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities, with Implementing Partners, Programme team and M&E Specialist.
● Ensure that activities/events needed for monitoring are scheduled and responsibilities assigned;
● Collect monitoring evidence that the outputs are being produced as intended and are efficient;
● Guide field staff and Implementing Partners in preparing their data collection and reports.
● Utilize the M&E information system, updating the projects, activities, and indicators on a routine basis.
B. Analysing and Reporting on Monitoring and Evaluation activities
● Support the CO Programme M&E Assosiate with data management and identifies programme/project issues and prompt corrective actions to enhance the achievement of results.
● Collect data from the relevant stakeholders and conduct data analysis to measure the performance(s) against the indicators and targets;
● Support the development and testing of M&E methods, revises and assists in the implementation of recommendations to improve the efficiency of current monitoring systems.
● Review monitoring reports; analyze them for impact evaluation and identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation.
● Draft regular M&E programme/projects’ reports and assist the programme/projects’ reviews and evaluations
● Prepare consolidated progress reports on M&E findings for project management to submit to CO Programme M&E Assosiate, in accordance with approved reporting formats and timing.
C. Capacity Building in the area of Monitoring and Evaluation
● Support the regular sharing of the M&E findings with project staff, Implementing Partners and primary stakeholders.
● Organize refresher training in M&E skills to Implementing Partners staff, local organizations and primary stakeholders.
● Contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Qualifications and Experience
● 3 years of relevant working experience in M&E, reporting and research or related area;
● Experience in UN system, international organizations or non-profit organizations is an asset;
● Ability to manipulate large data sets, and excellent attention to details and accuracy.
● Prior experience knowledge on data analysis and report writing an advantage
● Experience of working on similar positions with international organisations/projects will be considered as an advantage;
● Knowledge of ATLAS system and/or UN procedures and working methods, particularly UNFPA policies and procedures will be an advantage;
● Proficiency in MS Office package, Google applications and teleconferencing tools;
● Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to multitask and be detail-oriented;
● Good written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor Degree in Economics, Statistics, Social Sciences and Public Administration is required.
Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required
• Exemplifying integrity
• Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
• Embracing diversity in all its forms
• Embracing change
• Achieving Results
• Being Accountable
• Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
• Thinking analytically and Strategically
• Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
• Communicating for Impact
● Advocacy/Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
● Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
● Delivering results-based programmes
● Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilisation
Please apply SRH M&E Associate by June 26, 2022