Спеціаліст/ка Ланцюгу Поставок / (Supply Chain Specialist (2 positions)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Supply Chain Specialist (2 positions)
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G6
Type of Appointment: Fixed-Term, One Year with the possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 15 December 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Ukraine and direct supervision of the Supply Chain Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for providing specialized assistance to supply chain processes in IOM Ukraine.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Carry out and support coordination of procurement activities in the office, including revision and consolidation of purchase request forms, organization and evaluation of bidding processes and follow up on purchase orders until the successful delivery of the products or services and timely payment to suppliers.
- Assist supervisors in more complex, higher-value purchases.
- Support the development of procurement plans to optimize purchasing power and facilitate the implementation of project activities.
- Participate in negotiations of terms and conditions of purchases and help resolve issues related to the delivery of goods and services.
- Provide technical guidance to requisitioners and all staff in the office on preparation of specifications and procurement instructions and procedures. Participate in the development, evaluation, and updating of systems and procedures for procurement; suggest areas for improvement and risk-mitigation measures.
- Identify local and international suppliers and service providers; participate in their evaluation taking into consideration quality, prices, reliability, and services and the organization’s best interests.
- Contribute to the development of tools for tracking of contracts, agreements, and progress toward the achievement of the procurement plans and schedules.
- Coordinate the maintenance of files with all required documentation and the preparation and timely submission of reports and statistics.
- Provide specialized support in the planning, implementation and monitoring of logistics activities related to property and asset management, warehousing, insurance coverage, maintenance, and transportation.
- Coordinate logistics operations with other UN Agencies, partners, and government authorities.
- Plan and coordinate fleet activities of the office and monitor fuel consumption and maintenance of vehicles.
- Coordinate service and maintenance of office facilities and equipment and a continued supply of all essential utilities and items used in the office.
- Guide, train and may directly supervise junior staff in the Unit.
- Participate in inter-agency procurement working groups when requested.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree preferably in Business Administration, Accounting, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- High school diploma with six years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in procurement and logistics and working with service providers and vendors;
- Experience with asset management process;
- Experience working with IOM/UN Procurement and Logistics Rules and Procedures is an advantage
- Experience working in an international organisation in a multi-cultural setting an advantage.
- Experience in training and coordinating teams
- High level of computer literacy
- Knowledge of SAP highly desirable
- Ability to work with national and international institutions;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise report;
- Demonstrated ability to and exercise sound judgment;
- Ability to supervise staff and coordinate administrative activities
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications filling in the IOM Personal History Form and sending to [email protected] by 01 December 2023 the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 01.12.2023 to 15.12.2023