Спеціаліст/-ка Проєкту / (Project Specialist (Community Cohesion)) – Міжнародна організація з міграції (МОМ), Представництво в Україні
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Project Specialist (Community Cohesion)
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G6
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term, Nine months with the possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 12 October 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the Programme Officer (TRD), and the direct supervision of the Project Officer (Reintegration), the successful candidate will provide specialized support to the implementation of IOM Ukraine’s RRR-related programming portfolio, focused on social cohesion, community engagement, and other related thematic areas.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the Programme Officer in the overall planning, implementation and monitoring of project efforts.
- Assist in the coordination of IOM’s efforts within the context of the relevant sectors.
- Liaise with partner NGOs as well as with relevant national and local working-level government contacts, as necessary, under the guidance of the National Officer.
- Support the mapping of Community Cohesion needs and beneficiaries.
- Work together with in-house monitoring and evaluation team to devise and implement a monitoring system for Community Cohesion efforts.
- Contribute to the contracting of partner NGOs and the procurement of goods and services.
- Contribute to regular reporting (IOM internal, IOM external, UN-related, including 3W and situation reporting), correspondence, publication and presentation materials.
- Provide information gathering management support to Community Cohesion programming.
- Track relevant national development pertaining to Community Cohesion, and analyse, summarize and present findings.
- Organize and/or take part in Community Cohesion-related events (meetings, presentations, discussions, visits, etc.).
- Provide inputs and recommend improvements to the planning and delivery of programme activities.
- Coordinate in the logistics and take part in organization of Emergency and Stabilization-related activities and events (meetings, presentations, discussions, visits, etc.).
- Support the development and application of programme visibility and communications.
- Undertake duty travel within Ukraine, to areas selected for Emergency and Stabilization programming, to conduct monitoring of project activities.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent with six years of relevant working experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law or related fields from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience.
Experience and Skills
- Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups;
- Experience throughout the project cycle is an asset, including project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Experience of working in a UN agency or International NGO is an asset;
- Experience of working with governmental authorities and NGOs.
- Knowledge of community stabilization, social cohesion, recovery, and similar activities;
- Knowledge of activity planning and implementation;
- Ability to implement administrative and financial control procedures;
- Proven drafting, writing, and reporting skills;
- Confident user of the Microsoft Office Suite.
Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required (oral and written).
Working knowledge of Russian.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications filling in the IOM Personal History Form and sending to [email protected] by 12 October 2023 the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 28.09.2023 to 12.10.2023