Сivil Society Expert аt EU Anti-Corruption Initiative to Ukraine (EUACI)
Civil Society Expert
EU Anti-Corruption Initiative to Ukraine (EUACI)
The EUACI is looking for an experienced and committed Civil Society Expert who will be responsible for the work with civil society organizations, business community and independent investigative media to promote integrity, transparency and accountability at the national and regional level.
Civil society, media and business are funded through the core grants to support organizations’ strategy implementation and long-term involvement in the field of anti-corruption and project grants selected via open calls for proposals aimed at targeting integrity issues, performing watchdog and awareness raising functions.
The EUACI is a joint EU and Government of Denmark financed programme aimed at supporting Ukraine in its efforts to reduce corruption at the national and local level through the empowerment of citizens, civil society, businesses, and state institutions.
The overall objective of the EU Anti-Corruption Initiative is to improve the implementation of the Ukrainian anti-corruption policy by supporting the key anti-corruption state institutions: strengthening oversight of reform implementation by Parliament; and at the regional and local levels supporting civil society, investigative media, business and local governments, thus substantially improving Ukraine’s overall performance in the fight against corruption.
The full-scale Russian invasion has changed the context of the program. The EUACI is now pursuing four thematic areas: Reconstruction and anti-corruption, EU -integration in the field of anti-corruption, asset recovery and tracing and resilience of EUACI’s partners.
The EUACI has three components, namely:
Component 1 that supports key state anti-corruption agencies in improving their effectiveness and independence;
Component 2 that supports selected integrity cities in their efforts to strengthen their integrity, transparency, and accountability; and
Component 3 that supports Ukraine’s civil society, media, and business community with a view to increase awareness of and engagement in anti-corruption activities.
This Job Description falls under Component 3.
Title: Civil Society Expert
Place of service: The EUACI office in Kyiv.
Contract: We offer a contract for a fulltime position with the Danish embassy.
Superior: Civil Society Experts refers to the Head of the EUACI and Deputy Head.
Area of Responsibility
The successful candidate has to:
- Ensure a strong civil society dimension of the work of the EUACI and take the lead in strategic work with different civil society actors in the field of anti-corruption.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and supervision of the EUACI grants programme.
- Provide assistance to core partners to improve their institutional capacities and strengthen cooperation with other organizations including EUACI partners.
- Monitor implementation of CSOs’ strategies and projects supported by the EUACI and quality assure reports.
- Help to organize events for the EUACI and partner CSOs.
- Develop program updates, summaries, provide input to progress reports.
- Contribute to effective monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of programme activities.
- Coordinate with other components to aid cohesion among program interventions and strengthen the program’s holistic approach.
- Assist with other duties as agreed with the management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Law, International Relations, Political Sciences, Media or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated professional experience designing, implementing, and monitoring programmes with and for CSOs, including capacity building, project and grant management.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working for international organizations or international technical assistance programmes/projects in Ukraine would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Ukraine’s anti-corruption reform agenda, public awareness and social accountability.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing strong working relationships with Ukrainian civil society, business community, media and state institutions.
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Strong ability to work in teams; creating an enabling environment, mentoring and developing partners and colleagues.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and excellent English language skills is required.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and credibility.
Deadline for applications: 23 August 2022, 18:00
Starting date: September 2022
Interested candidates should submit their motivation letter and CV with the subject “Civil Society Expert” to [email protected].