Senior Project Assistant (Outreach) – Представництво МОМ в Україні
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G6
Type of Appointment: Fixed-term, one year with possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the Emergency and Stabilization (E&S) Programme Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the Programme Support Officer, the successful candidate will support IOM Ukraine’s E&S Unit’s operational and reporting efforts.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the various teams across the E&S Unit to gather relevant inputs for the drafting of briefs, info-sheets, success stories, social media posts, reports, and activities-related outreach materials
- Work across the E&S Unit program to support the development of contents for audio-visual materials, conceptualization of advocacy and awareness raising campaigns and key programme-related messaging
- Participate in assessment of the effectiveness of E&S visibility and project information products to gauge outreach success, identify and suggest most effective methods to maximize E&S programme visibility and work on new approaches to promote E&S programme impact
- Work with project managers to develop appropriate material for operational communication with communities, making sure that design and messaging is appropriate and relevant for the target groups.
- In coordination with IOM Ukraine’s Policy, Liaison and Project Development (PLPD) team, collaborate with mass media through activities such as organizing project site visits, facilitating photo coverage and TV footage and using both web-based and traditional media as appropriate.
- Liaise with the PLPD team on matters relevant to the incorporation of the E&S Unit’s outreach information in Mission-wide communications efforts.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent with 6 years of relevant working experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field from an accredited academic institution with at least four years of relevant professional experience.
- Relevant experience in communication, print, broadcast, and/or new media;
- Excellent written and oral communication (English and Ukrainian) and interpersonal skills;
- Background/familiarity with emergency situations is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms/principles and experience in social media and outreach management including understanding of development of content and digital media and communications strategies for outreach purposes;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and commited manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
• Resource Mobilization: Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs.
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearance.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form (iom.org.ua/sites/default/files/personal_history_form_0.xls) to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 27 December 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.