Senior Advisor for Strategy and Development у БФ “Право на захист”
Right to Protection (R2P) is a Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian not-for profit organization. R2P is dedicated to protecting refugees who find themselves in Ukraine due to dire circumstances as well as ensures the protection and human rights of other vulnerable migrants – the conflict affected, the internally displaced (IDPs), the stateless, the undocumented and those at risk of statelessness. R2P’s key programmatic directions are legal assistance, monitoring, advocacy as well as government and civil society capacity building. R2P has approximately 150 staff members working across Ukraine
The Senior Advisor for Strategy and Development will be accountable for all fundraising, proposal, partnership, and grant management activities and report directly to the President. Other functions will be to cultivate new and manage strategic partnerships related to fundraising and visibility. She or he will work in close cooperation with leadership, programming, communication, and advocacy units and with support from the finance/administration unit. She or he will also oversee the grant writer.
Duties and responsibilities for this position are, but not limited to:
- Identify current and future funding gaps in coordination with programming and advocacy units.
- Based on needs and opportunity areas identified in coordination with programming and advocacy, create fundraising strategy to broaden and diversify current funding streams.
- Monitor and analyze calls for proposals and identify additional sources of funding based on need and opportunity.
- Oversee grant writer who is responsible for project design and proposal development process in cooperation with programming and advocacy, and with support from finance/administration unit.
- Oversee and participate in drafting of concept notes, work plans, log frames, stakeholder maps, and talking points in cooperation with programming and advocacy units. Draft annual reports, communication documents, and other documents upon request in cooperation with communication, programing, and advocacy units.
- Serve as strategic donor and partner point of contact.
- Map external stakeholders, including donors, embassies, think tanks, political bodies, media, EU organs, UN agencies, coordination groups, and business community for funding, partnership, coordination, and influence opportunities.
- Expand stakeholder awareness of organization and influence within these communities through promotion of key messaging, targeted briefings, and other informational provision. Messaging and informational products will be coordinated with programming and advocacy.
- Represent organization to the above mentioned external audiences.
- Constantly keep abreast of changes in stakeholders and update stakeholder map accordingly.
- Build team capacity in best practices of project design, grant writing, and external relations.
- Provide secondary and backstop support with reporting, oversight, monitoring, public information and other functions.
- Undertake additional work, special tasks and research upon request of the President.
Reporting & Accountability
- Produce high quality and timely reports in line with R2P guidelines and donors requirements within agreed deadlines;
- Comply with all relevant R2P policies and procedures, particularly with respect to child protection, sexual and gender-based violence victims protection, and the code of conduct.
- University degree in Development Studies, Economy or Socio-Economic Development, Business Administration, or another related field.
- At least 4 years of NGO or International Organization experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in fundraising with international donors and grant writing.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Strong interest in human rights and/or humanitarian issues.
- Ability to undertake business trips.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian or/and Russian language is preferred. Fluency in English is required.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, including cross-cultural communicative skills and discretion when addressing client issues.
- R2P will offer the successful applicant a contract in line with Ukrainian legislation, renewable dependent on funding and performance;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Excellent salary:
- Room for professional growth;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
Send cover letter and resume with the name of the vacancy “Senior Advisor for Strategy and Development” in the subject line to [email protected]. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for interview. No phone calls, please.
Applications close date
21 August 2019. If an appropriate candidate is identified, R2P reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.