Research Program Officer, NDI Ukraine (Програмний/а координатор/ка)
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking a full time Program Officer for its Research Program based in Kyiv, Ukraine. She/He will contribute to the design and analysis of NDI’s cutting edge research methodology, spanning across sectors and informing NDI’s program activities and partners in Ukraine. Successful candidate(s) will also be provided on-the-job training and will have opportunities for career progression. Based on the qualifications and experience of candidate(s) other position titles could also be considered within the Program.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of Research Manager, provide day-to-day management of NDI’s research projects.
- Contribute to the design of research goals and methodology.
- Contribute to the design of survey instruments and questionnaires.
- Manage data scripts in various software environments for multiple research projects.
- Manage the process of data analysis and visualization of NDI’s research projects.
- Draft research reports and notes.
- Oversee the organization and implementation of fieldwork trainings carried out by vendors and provide overall supervision of fieldwork activities.
- Contribute to weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on the relevant research activities.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience working on qualitative and quantitative research. Prior experience in market research, academic research or other research oriented environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in sociology, political sciences, or related field required; graduate degree desired.
- Experience in designing and analyzing quantitative (e.g. public opinion surveys) and qualitative (e.g. focus group discussions, in-depth interviews) research.
- Knowledge of database software required (e.g. STATA, R, SPSS), familiarity with STATA preferred.
- Ability to develop research reports and present findings to different audiences.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships with wide range of audiences.
- Ability to work both independently and as a constructive member of a team.
- Critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and/or Russian required.
- Working knowledge of Google Apps.
NDI seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation based on NDI Ukraine’s local staff salary scale and employer paid benefits.
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in English as one pdf file via email to the following email address: [email protected].
Please indicate the position Research Program Officer in the subject line of the e-mail.
The deadline for the submission is October 2, 2018. Only selected candidates will be invited for written test and an interview.