Research and Analytics Specialist Support tо Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a six-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anti-corruption efforts, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption. SACCI works with the wide spectrum of anti-corruption stakeholders, including the specialized anti-corruption bodies, governmental institutions at national and local levels, the private sector, and civil society watchdog organizations. SACCI seeks to promote transparency and accountability during the time of the Russia’s aggression and the Ukraine reconstruction efforts.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position.**
The Research and Analytics Specialist (RAS) will monitor political and legislative developments in the anti-corruption area, activities of the anti-corruption institutions, and the situation with transparency and integrity in humanitarian assistance and reconstruction initiatives. The RAS will also support research and analysis of new developments and best practices in the anti-corruption field, promoting transparency, accountability, and integrity, and the formation of zero tolerance to corruption. The RAS will monitor media and publications of the key government and non-governmental stakeholders, attend meetings as assigned by the project management team, and produce brief reports, write-ups, readouts, minutes, briefers, and short analytical and research papers to inform proper implementation of the SACCI project and ensure that the project’s activities are relevant and up to date. This is the fulltime position for a period of 12 months with a possible extension of up to 6 months.
- Monitor political and legislative developments in the fields of anti-corruption, humanitarian aid and reconstruction initiatives, including through media monitoring, conducting quick research and providing bullet points on the key developments in the abovementioned fields to inform SACCI management and foster information sharing within the donor community.
- Support in drafting of policy documents, including analysis of applicable legislation and development of policy recommendations for SACCI’s counterparts in the government and non-governmental sectors.
- Conduct desk research to inform SACCI’s effective implementation and management.
- Develop program memos, information briefs, advisory notes, and position papers on issues of anti-corruption policy development and implementation.
- Participate in working meetings with partners and in negotiations with producing meeting notes.
- Attend events and produce readout/meetings as assigned.
- Support SACCI research initiatives, including substantive research and sociological surveys.
- Ensure coordination with SACCI beneficiaries, recipients, and partners on the issues related to joint activities related to research and surveying activities.
- Contribute to SACCI’s planning and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations, law, public administration, or other relevant fields is required.
- Minimum three years of technical experience in government or non-governmental institutions with responsibilities related to informing organizational policy and managing activity implementation, including research and analysis and drafting of policy papers, reports, briefers, readouts, and other relevant documents is preferred.
- Experience with international donor projects at the national level and knowledge of Ukrainian politics, legislation, and anti-corruption infrastructure.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, reporting, and negotiation skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English is required.
*Deadline for applying for this position – July 15, 2022, 18:00 Kyiv time*
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.