Радник/ця з питань фінансування системи охорони здоров’я / Health Finance Advisor
Deloitte is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as Health Finance Advisor in support of the USAID Health Reform Support (HRS). The position is full-time and based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Period of Performance: February 2022 – September 2022
Level of Effort: full-time
Project Background and Summary:
The purpose of the USAID/UKAID Health Reform Support is to support a transparent, accountable, and effective health care system that is capable of meeting the health needs of the Ukrainian people. Advancing health sector reforms, enhancing transparency, and tackling corruption will reduce out-of-pocket payments and improve access and availability of high quality, evidence-based health care services for Ukrainians. Elimination of corruption is a cross-cutting theme across all objectives to be achieved by this activity, which include:
- Improve health sector governance.
- Support the transformation of the healthcare financing model.
- Strengthen the health workforce.
- Enhance transparency, accountability and responsiveness of the health care system.
- Improve service delivery system at all levels.
The Health Finance Advisor will facilitate the achievement of greater efficiency and quality in health care delivery by assisting health facilities/local authorities/national institutions in health financing area.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Develop the electronic instruments, relevant guidelines and webinars, training materials on financial planning, cost calculations to strengthening the capacity of healthcare providers as municipal not-for-profit enterprises to operate under the new financing system;
- Develop the electronic instrument, relevant guidelines and webinars, training materials on analyzing the financial and performance indicators of health care facilities to build the capacity of local authorities in effective financial oversight of health care facilities;
- Support HRSP activities related to supporting introduction of new funding mechanisms the Program of Medical Guarantees and other budget programs;
- Develop technical documents (reports, guidelines, analytical notes, training materials, etc.) related to implementation of the PMG and other budget programs at different levels of health care facilities;
- Conduct trainings, workshops and other capacity building activities as well as develop training courses for health reform partners in the area of PMG implementation for healthcare facilities across the country, including financial planning and cost calculations of healthcare services at provider level;
- Provide technical inputs into development of training materials to strengthen hospitals in the area of cost accounting and financial management; liaise with academic partners to facilitate implementation of the training;
- Provide expert support to MOH, NHSU, MOF, MTOT, and CPH on issues related to healthcare budgeting and development of new healthcare financing models for different level of healthcare provision;
- Collaborate with the NHSU Academy in developing and institutionalizing the Training courses for PHC and SHC providers on health planning, cost calculations, strategic planning, financial management, etc.;
- Provide technical inputs to designing, implementing, and institutionalizing of HRSP studies, researches and assessments related to healthcare financing system and reform implementation;
- Support implementation of the informal payment study at hospital level, including inputs into development of relevant scopes of work/concepts, monitoring implementation process, and coordinating activities related to promoting and institutionalizing the results of this research including development of analytical reports and presenting the results to the stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Public Health Economics, applied finance, statistics, or other related quantitative field of analyses;
- Three (3) or more years of work experience in the relevant field required;
- Strong understanding of Ukraine’s health system and reform concepts will be preferred;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Excellent planning and time management skills;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem-solving;
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc).
- Spoken and written language proficiency in Ukrainian required.
- English is required.
Qualified candidates are expected to send their CVs, cover letters, and two professional letters of reference/reference contacts to [email protected] no later than February 14, 2022. Please indicate the following in the subject field of the email: “Health Finance Advisor”. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.