Радник/ця з питань екологічної політики та ресурсоефективності (повний робочий день, Київ, Червоноград)
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in Ukraine is seeking qualified professionals for the project Support for Structural Change in Ukrainian Coal Regions to fill the position of a
Environmental Policy, Resources Efficiency Advisor (full-time, Kyiv, Chervonohrad)
(internal SAP code: Environmental Policy, Resources Efficiency Advisor)
In the upcoming decade, unprofitable state-owned coal mines will be seizing its operations. This poses major social and economic challenges for the coal regions. The structural change needed to overcome them, based on the concepts of Just Transition and Green Recovery, can provide new impetus for the development and growth in the affected regions, and beyond. Decarbonization of the economy also makes a significant contribution to Ukraine’s ability to raise its level of ambition in the context of global climate protection.
The aim of the project “Support for Structural Change in Ukrainian Coal Regions” is to ensure that Ukraine carries out the structural change associated with the coal phase-out in a socially and economically compatible and ecologically sustainable manner, with the involvement of civil society, using appropriate funding instruments in accordance with the concepts of Just Transition and Green Recovery.
- Support to the Project on the national level and on the pilot regional level in relation to structural change in Ukrainian Coal Regions.
- Advising relevant partners institution on assessing the environmental and technical impact of the mine closure.
- Contributing to the development of the mine rehabilitation and closure management plan on the national level and helping both pilot project regions to elaborate mine rehabilitation and closure management plan on at state-owned company level.
- Reviewing, assessing, and analyzing relevant rules and regulations in the mining sector, including international standards, and adapting them to Ukrainian needs in the sector.
- Reviewing identified construction pilot projects and coordinating all related activities to implement the construction and rehabilitation projects as intended in the mine rehabilitation and closure management plan.
- Provide ongoing to the relevant partners to successfully implement the Mine closure management plan and identified Pilot Projects in the target location.
- Facilitates continuous dialogue in close cooperation with project team lead with the Local Government and other key partners to support proper partnership in common development efforts in the area of structural change in Ukrainian Coal Regions.
- Accompany partners in scientific exchanges and study tours related to coal mine sector.
- MSc in Geology, Earth Sciences, Mining Engineering, Environmental Studies or another relevant field.
- More than 5 years of professional experience in geological or mining sector; ideally with knowledge on coal.
- Field or academic knowledge of environmental complexities and mitigating measures would be an asset
- Research and/or Scientific work in the field of geology or mining sector would be a preference.
- Preferably experience with the international development cooperation sector.
- Fluency in Ukrainian; intermediate English.
- Very good knowledge of quantitative research methodologies and scientific excellence.
- Official employment.
- Salary fixed in EUR, performance-related bonuses and 13th salary.
- Medical insurance, 29 vacation days annually.
- Language classes, hard and soft skills trainings.
- Individual and group psychological support.
- Possible remote and flexible work.
- Meaningful and valuable work, international environment.
Full-time position with 40-hours working week. Place of assignment is Chervonohrad, Lviv region, or Kyiv. The assignment starts as soon as possible. Contract duration is 1 year.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Application comprising of the candidate’s CV and a cover letter in the English language explaining the motivation to apply for the job is to be sent to [email protected] until COB 29 December 2022, Thursday.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.