ПРООН в Україні шукає Programme Analyst, Governance
Title: Programme Analyst, Governance
Vacancy End Date (Midnight New York, USA): 29/10/2020
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Vacancy Type: FTA Local
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
Background and Change Context
The UNDP Country Office in Ukraine sought to reposition itself strategically and realign its human resources to better respond to the Country Programme Document (CPD) 2018-2022 and the articulated need to work in a more integrated and collaborative manner to help Ukraine address interrelated development challenges and achieve sustainable development, particularly in those regions which have a high level of poverty.
The change process in UNDP Ukraine is anchored in two fundamental components:1) Actively positioning UNDP for emerging opportunities arising from SDG implementation, as reflected in the CPD 2018-2022, as well as implications of the UN development system reform; and 2) Adopting a new resource management paradigm, as the global funding landscape for development cooperation is transforming. As such, UNDP is systemically changing how its institutional activities are financed and Country Offices are compelled to unlock new business models that enable our programmes, projects, and services to create the development impact we seek while our offices are increasingly self-sustaining and able to scale up and down on an ongoing basis.
Drawing on the above, a new programme portfolio design has been developed whereby the CO will use three work streams, which will align existing project-level interventions behind programmatic portfolios supported by an Operations Team. These are: 1) Democratic Governance, 2) Environment and 3) Area Development, Recovery and Peace Building.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures implementation of programme strategies within the Governance portfolio, through:
- Identification of areas for support and interventions within the field of Governance. CO business processes mapping and preparation of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Results Management;
- Contribute to the communications efforts of the CO in the field of Governance;
- Prepares documentation and talking points for senior management to engage with donors and partners.
2. Ensures programme and project quality assurance of the Governance portfolio, through:
- Support and guidance for submissions to pre-LPACs and LPACs;
- Monitoring that project/programme management actions are performed consistently and in accordance to corporate standards and programme work plans (e.g. checking for timely completion of risk logs, DIM/NIM approvals, logging of donor agreements, transparency dashboard etc.);
- Facilitation of a project initiation, presentation of the project to PAC, entering project into Atlas, finalization of contribution agreement; determination of required revisions; coordination of the mandatory and budget re-phasing exercises, closure of projects through review. Programme Analyst can perform functions of Manager Level 1 in Atlas for POs and vouchers approval, participates in recruitment processes for projects.);
- Ensured quality for financial and substantive monitoring of the projects, identification of operational and financial problems, contribute to development of solutions. Participation in audit of DIM/NIM projects. Prepare relevant portfolio reports;
- Follow up on audit recommendations. All exceptions are timely reported;
- Coordinates Project Board meetings, provide Secretariat services to the Board, convene meetings, recording and monitoring of recommendations, follow-up actions, etc.
3. Facilitates strategic planning and integrated business planning for the CO in the field of governance:
- Contribute to CO Integrated Work Planning and Reporting process (IWP&ROAR), integrated programme work planning (at least twice a year), procurement, human resources, communications and security work planning and quality assurance on all such plans.
4. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management through:
- Identification of sources of information related to programme implementation issues. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt from UNDP programme implementation directly linked to programme country policy goals;
- Support to development of policies and institutions that will address the country problems and needs in collaboration with the Government and other strategic partners including sister agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders in the thematic area;
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme implementation issues;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- People Management;
- Project Management;
- Quality Assurance;
- Infrastructures for Peace;
- Political Economy Analysis;
- Social Cohesion;
- Crisis Governance.
- Sustainable Development;
- Knowledge Management.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with two additional years of relevant work experience is accepted in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Up to 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects in the Governance sector;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian.
All posts in the NO categories are subject to local recruitment.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Application Instruction: If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=33167&HRS_JO_PST_SEQ=1&hrs_site_id=2
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 29 October 2020