ПРООН в Україні шукає Administrative Clerk
Title: Administrative Clerk
Vacancy End Date: (Midnight New York, USA) 26/06/2019
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Vacancy Type: FTA Local
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
The Administrative Clerk works in close collaboration with the United Nation’s Resident Coordinator’s Office, UNDP, in particular its Operations Management team, OCHA HQ, sub-offices, and other UN agencies’ staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies;
- Support to effective and efficient functioning of the OCHA office;
- Support to administrative, logistical and travel services;
- Support to office maintenance and assets management;
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing;
- Support to finance related tasks.
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Provision of inputs to OCHA’s administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Provision of inputs to the administrative team results-oriented work plan.
Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the OCHA office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contacts with visitors and staff, arrangement of appointments and meetings;
- Translation of simple correspondence, when needed.
Ensures effective administrative, HR and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support of administrative and HR arrangements. Support and update of recruitment processes;
- Verifying and recording R n R, Leave, and attendance of Staff members with related reconciliation;
- Update HR documents on regular basis;
- Provide support related to travel management of OCHA Office: act as a Travel Administrator, assist with ticket and hotel reservations, processing requests for visas, UN ID cards and other documents;
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Provide arrangement related to vehicle transportation;
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution;
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Extraction of data from various sources;
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of records on assets management;
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance;
- Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services.
Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the OCHA office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the administrative staff on UN rules and regulations and related procedures;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Support to finance related tasks:
- Process payments to suppliers and vendors after ascertaining correctness of invoices and that they relate to services and/or goods delivered;
- Prepare list of individual contractors for payment processing ascertaining correctness of time and attendance as certified by supervisors;
- Analysis of accounts receivables such as personal telephone bills, prepare bills to staff and ensure receipting in coordination with UNDP.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the OCHA office. Accurate presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the OCHA office and promotes the image of UN as an effective contributor to the development of the country.
- Demonstrates commitment to UN’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported;
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Strong IT skills;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems.
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education. Certification in administration is desirable.
- 4 years of relevant experience in administration, secretariat, HR, program support service or other related field;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in the handling of web-based management systems will be an asset;
- Experience in Accounting and/or Finance is desirable.
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Application Instruction: If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=22235&hrs_jo_pst_seq=1&hrs_site_id=2
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: June 26, 2019