HELVETAS is the largest Swiss nongovernmental organization with a dual mandate for long term development and humanitarian response. It has been present in Ukraine for several year implementing development projects mainly through local partners.
During 2022 HELVETAS initiated emergency assistance. Currently we are building our operational presence to deliver comprehensive response to the current humanitarian crisis. HELVETAS plans to be active in Ukraine for next 5 years.
Starting date: January 2023
Duration: 1 year, renewable
Duty Station: Kyiv/Kharkiv
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The position holder works under the direction of the Country Coordinator.
– Overall implementation of project which is focused mostly on support of reconstruction in partnership with Ukrainian civil society (Kyiv and Kharkiv oblasts)
– Closely cooperate with Finance and Logistics managers
– Management of field team in based Kharkiv oblast
– Establishing and maintaining productive relations with local authorities and other stakeholders
– Overseeing delivery of small grants to local CSOs in cooperation with Grants manager
– Responsibility for project related reporting
– Responsibility for project public presentation and visibility
– Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs
- Strong organizational skills as well as attention to detail
- Good oral and written English skills
- Ukrainian citizenship
- Partially based in Kharkiv (40%)
HELVETAS offers highly competitive salary and possibility of partial home office.
To ask any questions or apply email to [email protected]
Due to the urgency recruitment will be done on a rolling basis, thus the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.