Project Driver / Logistician (Lviv) до UNFPA, Фонду ООН у галузі народонаселення в Україні
Job title: Project Driver/Logistician,
Position Number: 00190758
Full/Part time: Full-Time
Contract type: Service Contract, SB1
Duration: One year (renewable)
Under the supervision of the UNFPA Senior Field Coordinator and Administrative Assistant, the Project Driver/Logistician provides reliable and safe driving services to UNFPA officials and visitors ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. Additionally, s/he drives the office vehicle for transporting authorized personnel and delivery/collection of mail, documents and other items for the UNFPA office and performs other logistical and administrative support.
• Transportation Services and Vehicle Maintenance
• General administration support
• Logistics support
• Perform other ad hoc duties as assigned
The Project Driver/Logistician works in a client, quality and results-oriented manner in close collaboration with the all units of the UNFPA office, project personnel, as well as personnel of other UN Agencies to exchange information and to ensure smooth project functioning.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2022-2025), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA in Ukraine works for (1) creating conditions in which every young person can fulfill the potential, lead a healthy lifestyle, know their reproductive rights and take an active social life; (2) conducting sexual and reproductive health campaigns to improve access to health and care services and improve its quality, especially for young people; (3)
combating gender stereotypes in society (through the media, compulsory education for civil servants on gender mainstreaming, the improvement of national gender policy and anti-discrimination expertise of school textbooks); (4) providing information and services to gender-based violence survivors through the creation of crisis centers, supporting the work of mobile teams of psycho-social and support, providing expert support and raising general awareness in society.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Transportation Services and Vehicle Maintenance
● Drives for UN officials and staff. Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
● Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
● Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes and water levels, car washing, etc so that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times.
● Ensures proper use of vehicle maintenance plans and assistance in preparing vehicle history report.
● Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
● Keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities
● Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
General administration support
● Assists staff members and their dependents by processing requests for visas, identity cards, drivers’ licenses and other necessary personnel-related documents, in accordance with the requirements of the United Nations and the country of the duty station
● Drafts routine correspondence, telegrams, memoranda and reports via oral instructions, previous correspondence or other available information sources, in accordance with standard office procedures.
● Makes travel and hotel reservations, prepares travel authorization forms and assembles information pertaining to the purpose of travel.
● Makes arrangements for shipment and receipt of office and project supplies and equipment and household effects, including customs clearance.
● Assists office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required. Assists in the mailing and distribution of newsletters and publications and arranges to pay office telephone and other bills, as required.
● Performs other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
● Three years’ work experience as a driver with a safe driving record. Working in an international organization, embassy or UN system would be an asset.
● Excellent knowledge of the Ukrainian Rules of the Road; Technical proficiency in vehicle maintenance;
● General clerical and administrative/logistical support work experience
● Completion of secondary education is required;
● Valid and clean driving license (category “B”, “C”) with no previous road related or other convictions.
• Fluency in Ukrainian. Working knowledge of English would be a strong asset.
• Exemplifying integrity,
• Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
• Embracing cultural diversity,
• Embracing change Functional Competencies:
● Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude ;
● Demonstrates good safe driving skills;
● Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
• Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity;
• Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
• Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
• Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication;
• Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others;
• Conflict Management: Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution;
Knowledge Management and Learning
● Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development, acts on personal learning goals and applies newly acquired skills;
● Good communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, respectful and helpful relations with all UN/UNFPA staff.
Please apply for this position via the link before 7 April 2023