Project Assistant (SME Boost) – Представництво МОМ в Україні
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (9 months) with the possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Ukraine and direct supervision of the National Officer (Migration and Development), the successful candidate will assist implementation of IOM Ukraine economic recovery activities targeting Micro-, Small-, and Medium-Enterprises (MSMEs).
IOM Ukraine implements 30-months SME Boost project funded by KfW. The project aims to contribute to economic recovery and growth in Ukraine during and in eventual aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic through targeted support to MSMEs and migrants to alleviate poverty, mitigate unemployment and retain jobs. It will do so by creating a funding mechanism and online platform to provide consultations and support to entrepreneurs worst affected by COVID-19. The project will work with a diverse group of beneficiaries and offer Stimulus Packages tailored to the needs of affected businesses to adapt and recover from COVID-19 impact.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the overall efforts for implementation of the SME Boost Project.
- Collect and maintain database related to the Housing Project as well as prepare reports based on such information.
- Assist in logistical preparation, organization and facilitation of the SME Boost-related events (working groups, steering committee and other stakeholders’ meetings, discussions, presentations, visits etc.) and taking notes at such events as required.
- Maintain communication with (potential) beneficiaries and representatives of the implementing partners and service providers as assigned.
- Draft official and unofficial correspondence in English and Ukrainian (Russian if necessary).
- Provide informal interpretation and written translation (English/Ukrainian, English/Russian and vice versa) as necessary.
- Provide administrative and logistics support required for the successful implementation of project activities and project reporting.
- Draft required administrative documents for the activities under the SME Boost project.
- Provide support as necessary for project monitoring and evaluation.
- Undertake duty travel within Ukraine as required.
- Contribute to development of Migration and Development portfolio of IOM Ukraine, by providing administrative and logistics support as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• High school degree or equivalent with at least four years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor`s Degree or higher preferably in public administration, political science, economics, law, international relation) from an accredited academic institution with at least two years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in organizing workshops, meetings and other events.
- Understanding and ability to clearly communicate about key areas in labour migration and economic development, knowledge of the context in Ukraine.
- Experience in working with MSMEs, Ukrainian government and civil society is an asset.
- Previous experience with administrative, budgeting, and/or procurement tasks is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the labour migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization;
- Excellent planning, organization and coordination skills;
- Proven drafting, writing, and reporting skills, confident user of the Microsoft Office Suite.
Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this special vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form (https://iom.org.ua/sites/default/files/personal_history_form_2016.xls) to [email protected] by 20 December 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.