Promoting Inclusion and Combating Discrimination Program
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking a full time staff member for its Promoting Inclusion and Combating Discrimination Program.
Job Title (s): Program Officer, NDI Ukraine
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience working in democracy support and human rights programming with a thorough understanding of political processes. Experience of working with LGBTI community to advance issues of inclusion and tolerance is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Human Rights, Development, Political Science or related subject; graduate degree desired.
- Experience in all aspects of program management, including design, coordination, operations, monitoring and evaluation, subgrants management and financial and human resources management.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills, and a demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships with a wide range of audiences.
- Proven capacity to meet program goals while managing financial and administrative responsibilities; experience in results-oriented program design, strategic planning, and program evaluation preferred.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to present clear and concise analysis.
- Experienced management and leadership skills in order to lead, inspire and motivate staff.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English
- Working knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.).
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in management and implementation of NDI’s inclusion program in Ukraine
- Help develop strategies to ensure program development in accordance with current political and social situation
- Facilitate and conduct trainings, meetings, workshops, events and advocacy campaign to promote human rights (including for LGBTI people), non-discrimination and equality
- Coordinate with implementing partners and stakeholders for effective program implementation and ensure strong networking
- Maintain good working relationships with key Human Rights activists and other program partners
- Prepare and submit proper technical and financial reports
- Manage NDI subgrants to local CSOs
- Contribute to NDI’s research projects on inclusion issues
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters as one file in a pdf format in English by email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the position Inclusion Program Officer in the subject line of the e-mail.
Deadline: The deadline for the submission of the required documents is October 19, 2018. Only selected candidates will be invited for written test on October 25-26 and an interview on October 31 – November 1.