Програмний менеджер в Американський дім м. Київ
America House Program Manager
Kyiv America House
America House Director
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $80 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries. For more detailed information about IREX please visit www.irex.org.
Summary of America House Program:
Through the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine, IREX administers the America House, a welcoming, dynamic space that fosters discussion and debate, provides opportunities for professional and personal skill building, and sparks creativity and collaboration around shared Ukrainian and U.S. values. The America House offers not only a physical space, but also a virtual hub, which facilitates access to balanced resources and information. Peer-to-peer cultural exchanges, discussions and learning at the America House provide visitors with a seat in “America’s living room.” For more detailed information about America House please visit www.americahousekyiv.org.
Summary of Position:
IREX’s America House Program Manager will responsible for managing all activities and events as well as assisting with the programs hosted at America House Kyiv.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Develop program material, including research and design of strategic events, and ensure proposed activities align with USG priorities;
- Monitor and administer day- to-day management of the program activities;
- Ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting of program activities;
- Provide input and write program reports, including weekly, quarterly and annual reports and overviews;
- Establish and strengthen local contacts, including partnerships with local NGOs, international organizations, and thought leaders;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Design America House English language programming (Speaking Club, Chat Sessions, Book Club, Movie Nights, etc.) in close collaboration with English Language Resident;
- Liaise with Tech Manager, Outreach and Social Media Manager, Administrative Coordinator and English Language Resident to make sure the events are well organized;
- Supervise America House Program Coordinator and Program Assistants;
- Supervise volunteer involvement;
- Interpret/translate for international guests and speakers at public events;
- Facilitate and run selected events at America House;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Strong intercultural and communications skills;
- Minimum 5 years of experience on similar positions;
- Knowledge of youth and cultural organizations;
- Skilled at handling multiple tasks and able to maintain a calm, friendly demeanor under stressful situations;
- Experience in people management;
- Experience in managing events and handling logistics;
- Experience with grants management is a plus;
- USG Alumni status and familiarity with the United States is a plus;
- Familiarity with political, economic, social, and conflict issues in Ukraine;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Strong command of spoken/written English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects in accordance with stated deadlines;
Please send your cover letter and resume in English (ONLY) as an attachment in an email with “America House Program Manager” in the subject line to [email protected]. Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
Application Deadline: September 10, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.