Програма Залучення Громадян НДІ шукає Інтернів
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs in Ukraine are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Sweden, Canada, United Kingdom, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and other donors.
NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking to fill two part-time positions of a Citizen Engagement Program Intern. The position is based in Kyiv but due to the pandemic situation all work is currently done remotely.
Job Title: Citizen Engagement Program Intern, NDI Ukraine
Task and Responsibilities:
- Provide logistical support for online meetings, trainings, workshops and other events as required;
- Assist with and provide back-up for the day-to-day operations of the program, responding to routine program inquiries, ensuring prompt and accurate forwarding of messages;
- Assist in reconciliation of expenditures in accordance with NDI’s financial policies;
- Observe program supported activities;
- Assist in preparation and drafting of activity reports and briefing notes;
- Provide written translation of program materials;
- Monitor political and other developments in the country;
- Carry out other assigned tasks related to program activities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate program, or a recent university graduate; relevant degree programs might include, but are not limited to: Human Rights, Political Science, International Relations, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Law or Linguistics;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English;
- Strong translation skills from Ukrainian to English and vise versa;
- Keen interest in Ukraine’s reforms and political processes, understanding of the political and civic landscape in Ukraine;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask;
- Ability to work in an organized manner and meet deadlines;
- Attention to details;
- Strong writing skills with an ability to present clear and concise analysis;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Excel, Google tools, Zoom);
- Experience in data visualisation would be an asset.
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in English by email to the following email address: [email protected]. Please indicate the position (Citizen Engagement Program Intern, NDI Ukraine) in the subject line of the email.
This is a paid internship. Details will be discussed with successful candidates.
Duration of the internship: 3 months with a possibility of extension
The deadline for the submission of the required documents is by close of business on April 25, 2021. Only selected candidates will be invited for a written test on May 18-19 and a subsequent online interview on May 31/June 3.