Program Interns for NDI (Стажування в НДІ)
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking to fill four part time intern positions for its Civic Program, Parliamentary Program, Political Parties Program and Inclusion Program.
Job Titles: Civic Program Intern; Parliamentary Program Intern; Political Parties Program Intern; Inclusion Program Intern.
- Generally pursuing an undergraduate or graduate program, or a recent university graduate; relevant degree might include, but are not limited to: Human Rights, Political Science, International Relations, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Law or Linguistics;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English;
- Strong translation skills from Ukrainian to English and vise versa;
- Keen interest in Ukraine’s reform and political processes, understanding of the political and civic landscape in Ukraine;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to deal with multitasking;
- Ability to work in organized manner, meet deadlines and work in a team;
- Great attention to detail;
- Strong writing skills with the ability to present clear and concise analysis.
- Working knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.).
- Demonstrated interest in human rights and equality issues.
Task and Responsibilities:
- Provide written translation of program materials as needed.
- Provide logistical support for meetings, trainings, workshops and other events as required.
- Assist with and provide back-up for the day-to-day operations of the program, responding to routine program inquiries, ensuring prompt and accurate forwarding of messages.
- Assist to reconciliation of expenditures in accordance with NDI’s financial policies.
- Observation of program supported activities in different cities in Ukraine.
- Assist in preparation and drafting activity reports and briefing notes.
- Carry out other assigned tasks.
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in English by email to the following email address: [email protected].
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail. You can apply for more than one intern position.
This is a paid internship. Details and the schedule will be discussed with the successful candidates.
NDI will provide consultations and trainings for interns. Interns are encouraged to attend workshops, trainings and other staff development events at NDI.
Duration of the internship: 6 months with a possibility of extension
Probation period: 2 months
Expected start date: September 17
NDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The deadline for the submission of the required documents is by close of business on August 24. Only selected candidates will be invited for a written test on August 30-31.
Successful finalists will be invited for an interview on the week of September 10.