Проектний менеджер реформи державного управління до КПР Мінприроди
Reform Support Team (RST) at the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources of Ukraine (MENR) is a group of Ukrainian professionals (non-civil servants) funded on a temporary basis by the donors that provides targeted technical support and assists the Ministry in the design and implementation of priority reforms.
The PAR Project Manager will focus on development of recommendations regarding optimization of the Ministry’s processes, function and structure within the framework of Public Administration Reform Strategy for the period of 2016-2020, as well as other relevant documents in this area, including OECD recommendations.
The PAR Project Manager is responsible for (1) Working Groups support on Public Administration Reform and institutional issues, (2) Public Administration Reform in MENR.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working Groups support on Public Administration Reform and institutional issues:
- project management, change management, quality and risk management;
- cooperation, coordination and control of Working Groups.
- Implementation of the Public Administration Reform in the Ministry in line with the relevant concepts and guidelines adopted by the Government, in particular:
- development of the transformation program for Ministry apparatus capacity and productivity building based on appropriate institutional analysis;
- optimize organizational structure of the Ministry and updated Ministry staff in line with the objectives of the PAR Strategy and applicable government rules on this subject, including SIGMA/OECD recommendations in this area;
- development of the Concept and action Plan which help to simplify the internal approval processes at the Ministry;
- providing all necessary support required to ensure implementation of the new regulation developed under reform priority area, including but not limited to the laws, concepts, programs and secondary legislation;
- improvement of the processes on the preparation of policy proposals, policy documents and legislative acts in the Ministry.
The PAR Project Manager will be subordinated to the Minister, the EU Affairs Deputy Minister and the RST Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in Economics, Law, Management, Environmental science/ Environmental management / Environmental protection
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English
- PC literacy
- Experience in high-level negotiations, strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to lead a team of experts in donor-funded, business or public organizations
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex legal, commercial and financial information
- Certifications and/or diplomas in the sphere of public administration is an asset
- Impeccable ethical standards, outstanding leadership skills
General professional experience:
- Preferably more than 10 years of general professional experience (at least 5 years)
Specific professional experience:
- More than 3 years of proven experience in project management (preferably in public administration, business consulting or HR)
- Familiarity with the public administration reform agenda in Ukraine, good understanding of policy formulation process is an asset
- Experience with government entities and their mandate and processes is an asset.
- Experience in leading multidisciplinary teams is an asset.
The estimated monthly value of this consultancy position is in the region of 1200 – 1800 EUR. The funding source of this assignment is the EBRD-Ukraine Stabilization and Sustainable Growth Multi-Donor Account.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by May 27, 2018, 23.59 (Kyiv time) to the following address: [email protected].
All submissions must include:
- a completed Application Form;
- the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae and Reference Letter from a recent supervisor (original in English, or Ukrainian with English translation) together with the contact details for two further referees who, if contacted, can attest to the professional and/or educational background of the candidate.
Only complete submissions, containing the above, can be considered.
Selected applicants will be invited to the interview.